5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Busted rear passenger window/front passenger cracked...Break in

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had someone bust out my rear passenger window and crack the passenger front trying to get in my truck... My deductible is $500 what would be the price range to get both replaced?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call a local glass shop and find out. They can tell you in just a couple minutes what the cost will be and what your options are. Don't know if there are any aftermarket options for side glass, but I have a cracked windshield and 2 local shops quoted around 700 for new OEM windshield. One shop claimed no aftermarket availability, the other says there are aftermarket options, but none that they could get. Good luck!

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whom do you have for insurance? Some have deductible free glass replacement. Normally its meant for the windshield, but it may apply to the side windows too. I have State Farm, and they don't do the free glass replacement.

On my 2014 Ram 1500 when I had a broken driver's side rear glass, it was only $220 through a local company for OEM quality glass (just without the Mopar logo).

The glass used on our 5th gens is a little nicer, if I'm not mistaken, so a little bit more expensive. Safelite (https://fixmyglass.safelite.com/) puts you just shy of $700 before tax for both. Depending on your local shops, I bet you may be able to get it down to $500-$600.

Even at $700+ though, I'd say its not worth going through insurance if your deductible applies, but thats just my two cents.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call a local glass shop and find out. They can tell you in just a couple minutes what the cost will be and what your options are. Don't know if there are any aftermarket options for side glass, but I have a cracked windshield and 2 local shops quoted around 700 for new OEM windshield. One shop claimed no aftermarket availability, the other says there are aftermarket options, but none that they could get. Good luck!
ok i will call and see exactly what they say

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had someone bust out my rear passenger window and crack the passenger front trying to get in my truck... My deductible is $500 what would be the price range to get both replaced?
Damn, really sorry man...even not including cost I can imagine how frustrating that can be. I just looked up on Safelites website...for a 2020 crew cab/gray window tint and without working with your insurance...the cost came to $799.99....before taxes/fees. Honestly...if they don't raise your rates....I'd go through the insurance.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whom do you have for insurance? Some have deductible free glass replacement. Normally its meant for the windshield, but it may apply to the side windows too. I have State Farm, and they don't do the free glass replacement.

On my 2014 Ram 1500 when I had a broken driver's side rear glass, it was only $220 through a local company for OEM quality glass (just without the Mopar logo).

The glass used on our 5th gens is a little nicer, if I'm not mistaken, so a little bit more expensive. Safelite (https://fixmyglass.safelite.com/) puts you just shy of $700 before tax for both. Depending on your local shops, I bet you may be able to get it down to $500-$600.

Even at $700+ though, I'd say its not worth going through insurance if your deductible applies, but thats just my two cents.
i just done a online quote i got $919

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, really sorry man...even not including cost I can imagine how frustrating that can be. I just looked up on Safelites website...for a 2020 crew cab/gray window tint and without working with your insurance...the cost came to $799.99....before taxes/fees. Honestly...if they don't raise your rates....I'd go through the insurance.
i just done a online quote i got $919

Wow, prices vary a lot by location. Like I said, up here, it is just below $700 before taxes. Thats quite a variance.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’m assuming it’s two different deductibles or two policies in one because my collision is $500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes...glass falls under comprehensive coverage...which is usually selected to be a lower deductible. They even have the option for full glass coverage without deductible.

Users who are viewing this thread