5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budget TV

skyhawk42

Reaction score
There’s a 65” Samsung on sale at Best Buy for $499. I don’t have one myself, but looked decent at the store

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 65” vizio 4k from Walmart for $400-something dollars in February or March of this year. I’m normally not into lower end tv’s, but this one sold me. It’s awesome with the 4k xbox one x games also. I’m done buying $3k tv’s after seeing that cheaper tv’s that can handle gaming get me most of the way there with picture quality. My 65” samsung tv I bought in Dec. 2021 for $1400 isn’t any better to my eye than the vizio.

Just found it:
Vizio tv walmart

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I love about this forum. Someone asks a question about two specific items, and gets plenty of input…except for any advice about those two items.
I’m guiltier than most. 😀
The only thing missing here is an insult about your 3.21 rear end.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I love about this forum. Someone asks a question about two specific items, and gets plenty of input…except for any advice about those two items.
I’m guiltier than most. 😀
The only thing missing here is an insult about your 3.21 rear end.
Hmmm, how does one say they’re bad choices without saying it? Oh, I know.
TCL and Hisense = 3.21’s
Vizio and Samsung = 3.92’s

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or another way:
“You might get more responses on these particular brands from the Chevy forum”

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought a 65” vizio 4k from Walmart for $400-something dollars in February or March of this year. I’m normally not into lower end tv’s, but this one sold me. It’s awesome with the 4k xbox one x games also. I’m done buying $3k tv’s after seeing that cheaper tv’s that can handle gaming get me most of the way there with picture quality. My 65” samsung tv I bought in Dec. 2021 for $1400 isn’t any better to my eye than the vizio.

Just found it:
Vizio tv walmart
Thanks! This is almost the exact tv I have now. The backlight is going out after 6 years. Vizio has always been a great option as this is my third one. I wish they made a google tv too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Just found it:
Vizio tv walmart
Vizio isn't a bad option, but when you said Walmart, you lost it. Electronics from Walmart are lower quality than any other source. That's why Walmart can sell them cheaper. Use lower quality components

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I don't have that particular Hisense TV but have had one in the past. They're pretty solid company and make good tvs. They are actually an old company and they either make Toshiba or they bought Toshiba, I forget which.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't have that particular Hisense TV but have had one in the past. They're pretty solid company and make good tvs. They are actually an old company and they either make Toshiba or they bought Toshiba, I forget which.
That’s what I’ve heard too. I don’t want to spend a fortune to watch tv

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Samsung makes a solid 3.92 with limited slip. Visio perhaps a 3.92 open diff. I had a couple and they can be a good budget option.

Some of the others, well, more like a 3.21 in a 1977.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like my LG TVs I have. We also have Samsung. Both good, but the LG apps are better.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I have a 50" and a 60" Hisense H4 tv's that I bought last black Friday and during the winter.
Greatest tv ever? IDK, but I have zero complaints about them and am very happy with the picture quality.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I have a TCL and Hisense 4 series. Both tv's are fine for low cost sets. Costco has a good deal going now and they give you extra warranty. If not a member, it's worth it just for the gas savings but their tv deals are better than most. Mine both have the roku os, no experience with google. Check rtings.com for specific model reviews.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the rtings web site. Lots of good info.

Users who are viewing this thread