5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bucket seats unclipping

elburrito82

Reaction score
The bucket seats I have clip in (the top leather) and I've noticed several times that they unclip randomly near the center console. I can reclip them back in, but any amount of pressure will cause them to snap off. I've tested this on both the driver and passenger seat and they both have this issue. Are others seeing this as well? I've attached a pic showing this unclipped

Attachments

• 15712655619839020977819656421252.jpg
    15712655619839020977819656421252.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 112

Tipsterpfd

Reaction score
The bucket seats I have clip in (the top leather) and I've noticed several times that they unclip randomly near the center console. I can reclip them back in, but any amount of pressure will cause them to snap off. I've tested this on both the driver and passenger seat and they both have this issue. Are others seeing this as well? I've attached a pic showing this unclipped
Yep I have the same issue, poor design. Every time I go to dealer I have re-clip. I have done it many times myself, I once saw a review of the ram interior that stated it was like a Mercedes puked inside, I thought it was a good thing, might of interputed it the wrong way. That being said still love the truck.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had that issue on my 2015 drivers seat, had the cover replaced under warranty.

jeff00454

Reaction score
Hi All,
I had the same issue with my Big Horn Quad Cab bucket seats with Cloth. This happened only on the drivers side as the passanger side was secure. I really hate taking my vehicle in for service unless it's a major issue so,with that said, I found the metal frame pieces that hold the plastic clip on were not bent out far enough to hold the cover. Solution: re-form the metal pieces out to grab the plastic clip and the was issue solved. There was noting wrong with the cover and replacing it most likely would not solve the problem. I did have to sit on the seat to get the plastic clip started then a rubber mallet to firmly attatch the clip to the metal frame. Hopefully this will help. Fix time 10 minutes. Now to fix the squeeking center console.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
This happened to my drivers seat every day. After the first week I took a medium zip tie and locked the plastic clamp down. No issue since!

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Same issue for me..... I've looked at the clip and it appears that it was stitched on backwards which is not allowing the clip to actually "clip" into metal part. I'm thinking of zip tying because I don't want my seats taken apart by the dealer.

elburrito82

Reaction score
Hi All,
I had the same issue with my Big Horn Quad Cab bucket seats with Cloth. This happened only on the drivers side as the passanger side was secure. I really hate taking my vehicle in for service unless it's a major issue so,with that said, I found the metal frame pieces that hold the plastic clip on were not bent out far enough to hold the cover. Solution: re-form the metal pieces out to grab the plastic clip and the was issue solved. There was noting wrong with the cover and replacing it most likely would not solve the problem. I did have to sit on the seat to get the plastic clip started then a rubber mallet to firmly attatch the clip to the metal frame. Hopefully this will help. Fix time 10 minutes. Now to fix the squeeking center console.
How did you use a rubber mallet to fix it. I'm trying to use my imagination here, but I can barely fit my fingers between the seat and the center console

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Same issue for me..... I've looked at the clip and it appears that it was stitched on backwards which is not allowing the clip to actually "clip" into metal part. I'm thinking of zip tying because I don't want my seats taken apart by the dealer.
EXACTLY, I don't want the dealer touching it!! Every thing they touch is damaged or scratched. When I had it in for the throttle Controller replacement, I made them go into a new car and snap out and pop in parts to replace the damage. I was not willing to wait for "ordering" BS which I'd have to chase after. Going to the dealer for anything will give one ulcers!

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Hi All,
How did you bend the tabs more, did you unbolt the seat so you could lift it up?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
How did you bend the tabs more, did you unbolt the seat so you could lift it up?
What I did was to take the center of the plastic clip, (its about 2 inches long) right in the center of the clip where it meets the sewn fabric I used a very small Phillip's screwdriver to punch a very small hole. then I pit pressure on the cushion with my body and re-clipped it to the seat chassis. I felt for the hole and slid in a zip tie rapped it around zipped it shut tightly and clipped off the excess zip tie. I have never had another issue since. No need to remove the seat, no need to have the dealer scratch the leather.

Users who are viewing this thread