5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bubble under 8.4" screen

vrhino

Reaction score
Anyone else walk out to your truck to find that the glass looked cracked? I did! I'm assuming it had something to do with the few days of high temps. I can say without a doubt that there was no force applied to the glass that would have caused the crack. Its in the top left corner and appears to be more of a bubble under the glass rather than a true crack. Waiting to see what the dealer says about it. 2019 ram 1500 bighorn, 8.4" screen, 15k miles

Attachments

• 0730211637a.jpg
    0730211637a.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 51

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like it has a screen protector and the bubble is under that. No??

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It is a separation of the glass and digitizer layers. It's triggered by high temps but it's definitely due to a bad manufacturing process(incomplete layer of glue by the edges, creating a void that is very small and beyond the screen bezel. after a few expansions, You'll start seeing this void)
It's covered by warranty and you have nothing to do with this issue. You didn't cause that.

Turin

Reaction score
The same thing happened to mine recently, though it hasn't been particularly hot. (At least not compared to what the truck has been subjected to in the time since I bought it.) Unfortunately I'm out of warranty, so I'll live with it unless/until it becomes a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread