5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brightness Issue

Sinister04L

Reaction score
I really like the 12" screen but I'm disappointed with the contrast, especially at night. I have to turn the brightness all the way down on it. The issue is, it never stays there. Every time I get in my truck the screen is very bright and I have to go into the settings to turn it back down. When I open up the settings it shows that it's on 1 so I turn it up from 1 to 2 and then the screen will darken to 2, then I bump it down to 1 again. I have to do this every single time I get in it. Any idea why it won't stay where I set it?

Sinister04L

Reaction score
Try doing the setting, amd then setting your memory on the door for your memory settings.

I havent had to do it, but ppl with issues where uconnect setting are resetting after each start up seem to set the memory on the door afterwards for that driver setting, and it then stays there.

Someone with a solid experience doing such a thing will probably chime in, but its a quick thing you can check.

I tried that as soon as I saw the issue pop up but it didn't work.

Sinister04L

Reaction score
Check your dash brightness adjustment wheel to the left of the steering column. If its turned all the way up, it forces the screen to max brightness. I use the wheel to set brightness.

Thanks I'll check that when I leave work this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread