5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake noise

20laramieetorque

Reaction score
Morning all,

So driving this morning and went pushing the brake while in at low speeds it sounds like a weird squirrel - rubbing noise. I heard it getting coffee in drive through. Does anyone know what the hell this is? I mean I’m at 2000 miles and now it’s something else the truck has been in shop for the fun battery issue for 50+ days and now this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same noise, mine sounds like crickets each time you apply the brakes and even when you hit smaller bumps. The noise is coming from the front anti-rattle clips.

My dealer replaced the pads and clips with what was supposed to be an updated version, but the sound has returned after only 3000ish miles.

20laramieetorque

Reaction score
I have the same noise, mine sounds like crickets each time you apply the brakes and even when you hit smaller bumps. The noise is coming from the front anti-rattle clips.

My dealer replaced the pads and clips with what was supposed to be an updated version, but the sound has returned after only 3000ish miles.

Great! Just something else for them to have my vehicle. And yes crickets that’s like the perfect explanation of that noise. Today I heard like a pop noise when turning right while dropping my son off at school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamBamJam

Reaction score
I started to have the same problem but it’s off and on and it only occurs in the morning. It’s weird. I have no problem with my breaking system but the noise does bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread