5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Moan - 2020 Rebel

NJ_Rebel

Reaction score
All - much thanks to this forum I was able to find the TSB for brake moan on the 5th gen Ram. I had my dealer perform this about a week ago - and this morning the moan was still there and still as loud as ever! This is getting beyond frustrating (more annoying than anything) and am wondering if anyone still also has the brake moan after having the "brake moan kit" installed and if any additional steps were taken to fix this issue. I really love the truck, aside from this issue it has been trouble free so far (~25k) and really do not want trade it in if this cannot be fixed. Youtube link below of video.

billyraff

Reaction score
I had this in my 2019 Laramie. Did the TSB, the moan kept coming back. Have a 2021 rebel now, didn’t have it for 12k miles but it’s starting now on the left side when cold or wet. Sucks. Thought they had this fixed after two years since model launch.

ShortStack

Reaction score
I'm just curious, what corrections were done for the TSB ? Or what is the TSB number - very curious as the sound I hear is familiar but from another manufacturers drum brakes not disc.

jvillej

Reaction score
I'm just curious, what corrections were done for the TSB ? Or what is the TSB number - very curious as the sound I hear is familiar but from another manufacturers drum brakes not disc.
Me too. Can you verify the kit they installed? Should include brackets and u bolts on the rear calipers and axle

NJ_Rebel

Reaction score
Me too. Can you verify the kit they installed? Should include brackets and u bolts on the rear calipers and axle
The work invoice says Part # 68446866AA

Which when googled returns Genuine Mopar MOAN

Lol

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the sound occurs both forward and reverse at times
the bracket kits are for reverse "moan" noise. There are at least 1 maybe 2 more tsb for brake noises. 1 is for new rear brake brackets, this is depends on build date. The other has to do with front brake noises.

NJ_Rebel

Reaction score
the bracket kits are for reverse "moan" noise. There are at least 1 maybe 2 more tsb for brake noises. 1 is for new rear brake brackets, this is depends on build date. The other has to do with front brake noises.
Before I took this video I had reversed out of driveway and the moan was there - so once I was stopped on roadway, I videoed the sound moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread