5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Controller

YardSale

Reaction score
So I cancelled my initial order (that had the tow package because of the 360 view issue) and asked my saleman to add just the brake controller. I just got the order confirmation (I'm in D status) and damn if that brake controller isn't there. I'm getting wacked out about it but I wanted to know how difficult is it to add a brake controller later?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They can add it at the dealer, it will cost you almost double from what it would be if factory installed.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't sweat it too much. Just some trim to pop off and replacing the blanking plate that will be in there at delivery.

Attachments

• Trailer Brake Installation Instructions.pdf
    718.3 KB · Views: 56

YardSale

Reaction score
I'd try to make the dealer eat the cost difference between the option price and what it costs to add if after the fact since you specified it in your build.
No worries there.....I've got the email to prove I asked for it. Waiting to hear back from my salesman. My guess is he's looking back over his email and will then try to figure out how he's going to resolve his screw up.

Never did get an order confirmation other than his response to my email traffic that he reordered the truck. First piece of paper of I got was the order copy he sent me Monday which didn't list the brake controller. The other bad news I found out was that unlike the first order with the Tow Package showing me as the buyer this one is a Dealer order.......scheduling priority 4..........Ugh!

greenbar

Reaction score
Hey guys... just wanted to confirm someone has installed factory brake controller on a 2019.... the instuctions above are for 4th gen, just want to make sure its same for 5th gen... my dealer found me a truck with EVERYTHING i want, besides brake controller.

THanks !

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... just wanted to confirm someone has installed factory brake controller on a 2019.... the instuctions above are for 4th gen, just want to make sure its same for 5th gen... my dealer found me a truck with EVERYTHING i want, besides brake controller.

THanks !

I'm not sure if anyone has added one yet. The best bet would be to check with the dealers service dept. For the 4th gens it was a module that gets mounted behind the dash along with the dash switch then the dealer programmed the truck with the sales code which enabled it. It is likely the same for the 2019s although I can't say for sure.

YardSale

Reaction score
Now I'm REALLY confused......just for kicks I went back to the website to do a build again. The system wouldn't let me add the level 1 equipment group without the Tow package! And apparently now (unless I missed it before) the level 1 equipment group doesn't include the 360 camera view. That's now part of the Advanced Safety group which, when checked eliminates the Lvl 1 equip group and the bed utility group! WTF?????? Anyone got the inside skinny on what the F is going on?

YardSale

Reaction score
BUMP! Considering that I may just have to go after market on the brake controller is it better to go MOPAR or some other Mfg? I'll be towing a 28" campers.

glennf14

Reaction score
Now I'm REALLY confused......just for kicks I went back to the website to do a build again. The system wouldn't let me add the level 1 equipment group without the Tow package! And apparently now (unless I missed it before) the level 1 equipment group doesn't include the 360 camera view. That's now part of the Advanced Safety group which, when checked eliminates the Lvl 1 equip group and the bed utility group! WTF?????? Anyone got the inside skinny on what the F is going on?
The build/price website for RAM constantly has issues and bugs. I noticed the (Limited Level 1 requiring Tow Pkg) issue last week and it still hasn’t been fixed. Don’t rely on the website, I would work with your salesman/dealership to “right the wrong”. If your salesman is dragging his feet, then email the GM of the dealership directly and cc the salesman (or vice versa) on the email and ask for an update.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The build/price website for RAM constantly has issues and bugs. I noticed the (Limited Level 1 requiring Tow Pkg) issue last week and it still hasn’t been fixed. Don’t rely on the website, I would work with your salesman/dealership to “right the wrong”. If your salesman is dragging his feet, then email the GM of the dealership directly and cc the salesman (or vice versa) on the email and ask for an update.

Agreed, the build and price is buggy. At the end of the day the dealers ordering system is the be all, end all when it comes to options etc. Best to sit down with the salesman and build one exactly as you want on their computer, that way you get all the correct information.

YardSale

Reaction score
Agreed, the build and price is buggy. At the end of the day the dealers ordering system is the be all, end all when it comes to options etc. Best to sit down with the salesman and build one exactly as you want on their computer, that way you get all the correct information.

That's what I did to begin with and once we found out about the Tow Package deleting the surround view it appears he still screwed up the 2nd order.........all he had to do was make sure of one small change....deleting the Tow Package and adding the brake controller. I may be looking at ordering from another dealer..........

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I did to begin with and once we found out about the Tow Package deleting the surround view it appears he still screwed up the 2nd order.........all he had to do was make sure of one small change....deleting the Tow Package and adding the brake controller. I may be looking at ordering from another dealer..........

I'd be frustrated as hell.

YardSale

Reaction score
Well, finally heard from my salesman and all is as good as it can be. They're going to add the controller when it gets here. They're having the same issue with lack of information on production as we are.

EvoRAM

Reaction score
Well, finally heard from my salesman and all is as good as it can be. They're going to add the controller when it gets here. They're having the same issue with lack of information on production as we are.

Let us know how that goes. Mine doesn’t have it too and interested in adding one.

Users who are viewing this thread