5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake controller connectors

Reaction score
Was at the dealer today taking care of my tailgate recall and asked about getting a brake controller. They said they needed to know if it had the connectors under the dash and wanted to charge me a half hour to find out. I told them to forget it but can anyone post a picture (or link to one) of the connectors I’m looking for so I can confirm myself. Also wondering if when the dealer activates the controller you get the trailer page in the dash like you would have if you ordered from the factory? They couldn’t answer that question either. Thanks.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was at the dealer today taking care of my tailgate recall and asked about getting a brake controller. They said they needed to know if it had the connectors under the dash and wanted to charge me a half hour to find out. I told them to forget it but can anyone post a picture (or link to one) of the connectors I’m looking for so I can confirm myself. Also wondering if when the dealer activates the controller you get the trailer page in the dash like you would have if you ordered from the factory? They couldn’t answer that question either. Thanks.
I am yet to see a truck without the wiring, 2 connectors taped inline near push start button area behind dash. You would get the trailer brake page on the cluster and in the radio.

Reaction score
I am yet to see a truck without the wiring, 2 connectors taped inline near push start button area behind dash. You would get the trailer brake page on the cluster and in the radio.
Thank you I’ll look for it. Appreciate the help.

Users who are viewing this thread