5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a GT500

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I broomed my 1969 Camaro and wanted to replace it with some sort of late model muscle. Looked at Hellcats, ZL1's and Shelby GT500 's.. Couldn't say no to this one. A 2011 GT500 with 2,700 miles on it. Zero mods. The only option is the SVT performance package (bigger wheels, suspension, 3.73 gears). It's virtually brand new. 20200916_144904.jpg

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Less
Beautiful, care to say what it set you back?
Less than $40,000, all in, with taxes, tag, registration. Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor. Just got lucky. My niece is good friends with the GM at Varsity Lincoln and told him I was in the market for a Shelby or Roush Mustang. This car was owned by a friend of the GM at the Ford dealership. They ran it through the Ford deale as a consignment car. The only service records were the airbag recalls. No warranty work or anything. Still has a new car smell.

bwsRam19

Reaction score
Good looking camaro, but now you have comfort and speed. Had a 2008 Gt500, miss it all the time, will own another at some point.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I broomed my 1969 Camaro and wanted to replace it with some sort of late model muscle. Looked at Hellcats, ZL1's and Shelby GT500 's.. Couldn't say no to this one. A 2011 GT500 with 2,700 miles on it. Zero mods. The only option is the SVT performance package (bigger wheels, suspension, 3.73 gears). It's virtually brand new. View attachment 70226
So which black shines better? Your Ram...or the Super Snake? ;)

sdog

Reaction score
Beautiful!

And with 2700 miles, aka a pedestrian dozen, it's barely broken in.

APmech

Reaction score
2011 is when they went to an aluminum block. Add a tvs blower, throttle body and cai and you'll be mid to high 600s for rwhp. I had a 12 with those mods and had to run drag radials on the street to keep it from sending me sideways in the 1st 3 gears.

Attachments

• Shelb.jpg
    Shelb.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 15

Renegade3

Reaction score
That's gorgeous! I've had a bunch of mustangs but once I had a little one I got away from it. My most memorables were my 2004 Cobra, 2004 Mach I, 2008 Bullitt and a 1992 SSP that I restored. Good stuff!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So which black shines better? Your Ram...or the Super Snake? ;)
Ha ha, to be honest, the Ram had a better shine when I got the Mustang in my garage. It had 9 years of being wiped off with not much polishing. That's all straightened out. I spent about 5-6 hours with my Porter Cable on it. It's shining just fine now. The Ram is also standing tall. I take the P/C to it twice a year. Just finished that earlier in the month. It's now ready to get "destroyed" going through car washes from November til March.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2011 is when they went to an aluminum block. Add a tvs blower, throttle body and cai and you'll be mid to high 600s for rwhp. I had a 12 with those mods and had to run drag radials on the street to keep it from sending me sideways in the 1st 3 gears.
Alternative Performance is less than 5 miles from my home and they have a large Mustang following. I'm trying to convince myself that I have all I need performance wise but......
I am figuring on lowering and replacing the wheels and tires next spring.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha ha, to be honest, the Ram had a better shine when I got the Mustang in my garage. It had 9 years of being wiped off with not much polishing. That's all straightened out. I spent about 5-6 hours with my Porter Cable on it. It's shining just fine now. The Ram is also standing tall. I take the P/C to it twice a year. Just finished that earlier in the month. It's now ready to get "destroyed" going through car washes from November til March.
Hehe nice, I guess the young Ram will still have the advantage in the shine department lol. Nothing a little Turtle Wax ICE won't help with too! Or try the Blazin Banana spray wax from Chemical guys...that brought out the black in my F150 pretty well too.

Users who are viewing this thread