5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring to AWE 0FG

RamLink83

Reaction score
Removed my Borla touring and installed the AWE 0FG this afternoon. Install took me a good 2 hours, but I was taking my time, and also kept on misplacing my tools every time I went to get a part to install. Probably spent more time crawling under and back out from my truck than it did to actually assemble the exhaust lol. The Borla is a little bit easier to install since it only has 3 clamps, however, I spent several hours trying to align the tips. The passenger side, I never could get center and always moved out of alignment after driving.

Initial impression: Exhaust is of high quality and tons of adjustability unlike the Borla which made aligning the tips a breeze. It has a similar donut clamp like the stock exhaust for the tips. The acutal tips are not welded on the pipe like the borla so you also can easily slide them in or out to get the depth you want. Installation did take me longer than the Borla since there are more pieces and clamps with the AWE, but that makes it so much easier when aligning the exhaust.

The sound is definitely a meaner growl than the Borla Touring and maybe slightly louder on cold start and idle from the outside. It is surprisingly quieter in the cab at start up, acceleration and cruising. The Borla Touring was actually pretty loud in the cab on acceleration, but pretty similar to the AWE at cruising speeds. So for those thinking the Borla Touring is going to be quieter than the AWE, it's not. I think the overall volume of the Borla Touring is probably pretty similar to the S TYpe and Atak, but just has a different tone.

I've only driven it a few miles, so these are just initial impressions. Will report back once I get some good miles on it.

For those that have the AWE, do you notice a slight rattling sound from the Y pipe area when the truck is warm and at idle? I've torqued the clamps a bit past the 60 lb min that the instructions say. Can't tell if it's a minor exhaust leak or the actual clamps. There is a possibility that maybe I didn't push in one of the pipes all together or it moved a bit when it was loosely fitted when making the initial alignment. If it still has that sound after a few miles of break in, I guess I'll loosen the clamp and see if I need to push the pipe in further.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I look forward to your reports on this since I was deciding between the awe and touring.

Could you post some videos on it?

RamLink83

Reaction score
I look forward to your reports on this since I was deciding between the awe and touring.

Could you post some videos on it?
I'll try to get some videos later this week, but if you want to check out some videos now, search for Hammerdown motorsports on YouTube. He has a few videos with the sound.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I'll try to get some videos later this week, but if you want to check out some videos now, search for Hammerdown motorsports on YouTube. He has a few videos with the sound.
hammer down wouldn't shut up when the camera was inside the truck

Users who are viewing this thread