5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak Exhaust Noise - 2019 Ram (Rebel) 1500

Derek Dredger

Reaction score
Hi'Yall,

Installed a Borla Atak on my 2019 Rebel today. Bloody hell its loud! I guess I am so usto stock that it seems overwhelming. After a few hours driving you get usto it and I do love it.

However, what I would really like is to NOT hear the exhaust whilst cruising at 70-80mph - around the 2,000-2,500 rpm range. I don't think its a drone I'm hearing...just the exhaust whining away.

I heard about installing the Borla resonators on the Atak system...anybody done this...would it help? Or maybe I just want my cake and to eat it too!

Nova90

Reaction score
Wow, that is my biggest fear, I've been back and forth between Atak and the S. I actually like loud, but wondering how it would wear over time while driving 70-80mph for extended highway drive.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, that is my biggest fear, I've been back and forth between Atak and the S. I actually like loud, but wondering how it would wear over time while driving 70-80mph for extended highway drive.
Coming from a Harley guy with loud *** bikes, it does get old. I love my bike's rumble but I am also glad I don't ride behind it.

Viper

Reaction score
I have the borla atak and it sounds great. Just like a truck should sound like!

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Borla ATAK over everything! My only issue is the whine you hear when you floor it. Other than that, there's no drone at any speed for me. I would think those with the short bed or smaller cab option would hear more exhaust due to the tips being closer to the driver.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Hi'Yall,

Installed a Borla Atak on my 2019 Rebel today. Bloody hell its loud! I guess I am so usto stock that it seems overwhelming. After a few hours driving you get usto it and I do love it.

However, what I would really like is to NOT hear the exhaust whilst cruising at 70-80mph - around the 2,000-2,500 rpm range. I don't think its a drone I'm hearing...just the exhaust whining away.

I heard about installing the Borla resonators on the Atak system...anybody done this...would it help? Or maybe I just want my cake and to eat it too!
Not sure if you resolved this but I have the Borla resonator but recently removed it because I LOVE the ATAK sound. The resonator does make a huge difference. Nearly eliminates most "noise" except the sound you get when flooring it. The cruising noise is almost gone and not noticeable at all. If you are concerned about the noise I do recommend the Borla resonator.
I took it back off because I felt like I wasted my money on an ATAK if I couldn't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread