5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolt-on long / mid travel

blownout1500

Reaction score
Planning a mid travel build but so far the market is crickets. Idle hands are the devils tools... got so tired of waiting I photochopped the build just to keep myself entertained. Be kind...

073925DB-CD98-4B33-9212-201913AC2E3A.jpeg
The basics:

Front Suspension: Dirtking 4wd LT kit w/ extended CV axels, King coilovers + bypasses (hopefully the future kit has a bypass mount on the LCA)

Rear Suspension: Dirtking 4-link LT kit, king coilovers. Eventually want to do a bedcage but this’ll be a fine start.

Fenders & Bedsides: Hoping Avanced Fiberglass Concepts makes clean looking glass for the 5th gens that leaves out the fender trim step. The Fiberwerx glass that just came out looks like an epic product, but I’m just not that into the extra line/step.

Bumpers: loving the work that SS Built is doing on tundras right now. Super clean.

Wheels/Tires: 37x12.5r18 Toyo Open Country RT / Method NV 18” -12 offset

If anybody has intel on product development please hit me up.

Last edited:

Copperstate

Reaction score
Looks sweet.

I emailed Thuren and Carli recently, neither of them have gotten their hands on a 19 yet for fitment...I would be interested in a pair of Kings and UCAs for now.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Looks sweet.

I emailed Thuren and Carli recently, neither of them have gotten their hands on a 19 yet for fitment...I would be interested in a pair of Kings and UCAs for now.
Yeah, anything... literally anything lol! Fingers crossed.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Camburg is working on UCA’s! Hoping this means king or fox is coming out with OEM replacement coilovers & shocks... and that camburg slides down the slippery slope into doing a full LT kit LOL.

DeDax

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Anxiously waiting. I wonder how the Moper UCA will compare to any of the other offerings?

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Dirt King makes a front kit.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Dirt King makes a front kit.

Dirtking’s kits are for 4th gens only (2019 in that link is just Classic/4th gen body style).

Available kits for 4th gens:

Dirtking makes a bolt-on 4wd/2wd Prerunner kit (Coilovers only) and also a 2wd-only Race kit w/ weld-on shock relocate bracket (coilovers & bypasses).

Kibbetech makes a 4wd/2wd Race kit w/ weld-on shock relocate bracket (coilovers & bypasses).

KORE made a 4wd Prerunner kit (Coilovers only) that they licensed to Prefix for their Minotaur conversions, but that’s no longer available (from either KORE or Prefix).

For 5th Gens:

Both Camburg and Bajakits have UCA’s in the works as of the last couple of weeks. I’m guessing that means King has OEM replacement coilovers in the pipeline on a similar timeframe.

Dirtking has said that a 5th gen Prerunner kit is something they’d like to tackle in the coming year, but no nothing firm.

Kibbetech is waiting on receipt of the 5th gen CAD model to check frame dims to see if there are enough similarities to potentially fit their current (4th gen) race kit on the 5th gens.

Its possible that one of these companies is working with FCA on the TRX suspension. We haven’t seen any evidence of wider long travel geometry in any of the leaked TRX test mule photos. If KORE or Dirtking is contracted to prototype TRX suspension components independently from FCA, I’m just hoping Mopar will sell them to us as aftermarket upgrades

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Dirtking’s kits are for 4th gens only (2019 in that link is just Classic/4th gen body style).

Available kits for 4th gens:

Dirtking makes a bolt-on 4wd/2wd Prerunner kit (Coilovers only) and also a 2wd-only Race kit w/ weld-on shock relocate bracket (coilovers & bypasses).

Kibbetech makes a 4wd/2wd Race kit w/ weld-on shock relocate bracket (coilovers & bypasses).

KORE made a 4wd Prerunner kit (Coilovers only) that they licensed to Prefix for their Minotaur conversions, but that’s no longer available (from either KORE or Prefix).

For 5th Gens:

Both Camburg and Bajakits have UCA’s in the works as of the last couple of weeks. I’m guessing that means King has OEM replacement coilovers in the pipeline on a similar timeframe.

Dirtking has said that a 5th gen Prerunner kit is something they’d like to tackle in the coming year, but no nothing firm.

Kibbetech is waiting on receipt of the 5th gen CAD model to check frame dims to see if there are enough similarities to potentially fit their current (4th gen) race kit on the 5th gens.

Its possible that one of these companies is working with FCA on the TRX suspension. We haven’t seen any evidence of wider long travel geometry in any of the leaked TRX test mule photos. If KORE or Dirtking is contracted to prototype TRX suspension components independently from FCA, I’m just hoping Mopar will sell them to us as aftermarket

Screenshot_20190413-104634_Chrome.jpg

Mine shows it for new gen 4wd. Screenshot_20190413-104634_Chrome.jpg

blownout1500

Reaction score
Mine shows it for new gen 4wd. View attachment 22073

It sure does. Wish it were true. Unfortunately CarID is a 3rd party web retailer with incorrect info. Check Dirtking’s website or give them a ring - nothing yet for 2019. If you’re in the San Diego area and can part with your truck for a month or two for them to prototype it might speed things up!

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
Anyone have any news on long/mid travel kits for our trucks?
I'm still not seeing anything out there from Dirt King, Baja Kits, etc... I know King and a few other big name companies have coilover kits out now.

Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for the reveal of the TRX in hopes I would order one, but I cant justify the $90k build..
So, I guess I'm ready to make a move and build my Rebel.
Another thought, what do y'all think the chances are of being able to purchase the whole TRX suspension set up for our 1500's?
Possibly complete bolt on....possibly overpriced...

EGJ16

Reaction score
I'm still not seeing anything out there from Dirt King, Baja Kits, etc... I know King and a few other big name companies have coilover kits out now.

Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for the reveal of the TRX in hopes I would order one, but I cant justify the $90k build..
Another thought, what do y'all think the chances are of being able to purchase the whole TRX suspension set up for our 1500's?
I dont think we will be able to buy the whole suspension per say because of the needed user interface in Uconnect. I thought about getting the front upper/lower control arms, tie rods, and axle shafts while using king 2.5s. I currently have the mopar 2” and was planning on upgrading to Carli or Thuren king 2.5s. More travel would happen later on when Im out of warranty so I can also supercharge the 5.7 lol.

CRam92

Reaction score

Carli should have their set up out soon. Dirt King said they are releasing a kit in 6-12 months! I don’t think the trx suspension would be a direct swap due to them moving everything forward for better approach angle. If they kept the same mounting locations but just moved them forward, it might work.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carli should have their set up out soon. Dirt King said they are releasing a kit in 6-12 months! I don’t think the trx suspension would be a direct swap due to them moving everything forward for better approach angle. If they kept the same mounting locations but just moved them forward, it might work.
Hopefully it will! I'm hoping the wide body is bolt on too lol or at least not as scary as chopping fiberglass

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
any one find a. LT. kit ? i still havent found anything
try emailing King and see if they can do a custom kit for you. Looking at the diagrams, they should be able to make a LT shock body with LT pistons and shafts with DT specific mounting hardware.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interesting i guess now i need coilovers that can handle the travel ?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
try emailing King and see if they can do a custom kit for you. Looking at the diagrams, they should be able to make a LT shock body with LT pistons and shafts with DT specific mounting hardware.
Reviving and old thread.. DKF said LT kit should be ready for manufacturing and buying by end of 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread