5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth paired but unable to read messages

2019Raven

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with their iphone 13 pro phones not being able to read text messages? I have an iPhone 13 Pro and the messages button is grayed out. When I click on it, it says that my device is not currently supported for messaging. I can send/receive phone calls, but messaging is essentially disabled. I have gone into Bluetooth settings on the iPhone, click on the little blue ”i” button and ensured all the check marks are set.
However, when I connect via USB cable and use CarPlay, I can send and receive messages just fine.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with their iphone 13 pro phones not being able to read text messages? I have an iPhone 13 Pro and the messages button is grayed out. When I click on it, it says that my device is not currently supported for messaging. I can send/receive phone calls, but messaging is essentially disabled. I have gone into Bluetooth settings on the iPhone, click on the little blue ”i” button and ensured all the check marks are set.
However, when I connect via USB cable and use CarPlay, I can send and receive messages just fine.
It's an apple carplay thing. My wife's Traverse is the same way

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is CarPlay wireless?
Sounds like when hooked up via USB it functions as intended.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how carplay works, but on my android phone even if the head unit doesn't support Android Auto, my phone still uses Android Auto when connected through Bluetooth

2019Raven

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I had better look into getting a wireless adapter

Users who are viewing this thread