5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out

Zipper100

Reaction score
Hi everyone... My virgin post here.

I picked up a 19 Ram 1500 Laramie last week. From the first time I paired my phone with the truck, I've been experiencing the bluetooth media cutting out. Using Spotify, YouTube or even media local on my device, the audio constantly cuts in/out, similar to being too far away from the paired device. FM/AM Radio, Sirius and phone calls all sound perfectly fine.

To troubleshoot or ensure it's not my phone, I connect my wife's phone to the truck and it's behaving exactly the same way.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Hello, welcome.

Go into the menu for firums. Find the one that lists the TSBs, and warranty stuff. (Technical service bulletins)
The pinned thread at top is a list of known problems in TSBs.

Among them, i believe i read one pertaining to Uconnect issues relating to bluetooth. They are downloadable papers when u click it.

If u find it, thats good news... because they should be able to fix it easily, vs. Trying to find a solution. I think its a mere software update anyway.

Hope this helps

Zipper100

Reaction score
Hello, welcome.

Go into the menu for firums. Find the one that lists the TSBs, and warranty stuff. (Technical service bulletins)
The pinned thread at top is a list of known problems in TSBs.

Among them, i believe i read one pertaining to Uconnect issues relating to bluetooth. They are downloadable papers when u click it.

If u find it, thats good news... because they should be able to fix it easily, vs. Trying to find a solution. I think its a mere software update anyway.

Hope this helps

Thank you. I'll give that a shot.

Other than that, this truck is night and day better than my 14 Laramie that I traded in. It rides like an absolute dream!

64bit

Reaction score
Hi everyone... My virgin post here.

I picked up a 19 Ram 1500 Laramie last week. From the first time I paired my phone with the truck, I've been experiencing the bluetooth media cutting out. Using Spotify, YouTube or even media local on my device, the audio constantly cuts in/out, similar to being too far away from the paired device. FM/AM Radio, Sirius and phone calls all sound perfectly fine.

To troubleshoot or ensure it's not my phone, I connect my wife's phone to the truck and it's behaving exactly the same way.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Hi Zipper100, have you found a solution for it? I'm experiencing the same issue... BTW I'm coming from a 2016 BMW M3 and the kids (7 & 8 yo) and I are having fun with truck as well, just what I was expecting.

Zipper100

Reaction score
Hi Zipper100, have you found a solution for it? I'm experiencing the same issue... BTW I'm coming from a 2016 BMW M3 and the kids (7 & 8 yo) and I are having fun with truck as well, just what I was expecting.

Unfortunately, no. Truck was at the dealer last week to troubleshoot. They said there were no updates or TSBs that could resolve this... yet. Very frustrating, but at least I have Siruis to hold me over.

67 RT

Reaction score
Mine does it too. I recently received the AMP update and then it started. Interesting thing about it, only happens for the first 3/4 minutes then smooths out. Very odd. This truck is full of oddities. My heated steering wheel has a mind of its own (currently waiting on a new steering wheel from dealer due to shorted plug supposedly) and the transmission is often confused then it will run smoothly for a month, then confused again on the downshift to first. Screen themes never stay, etc. my previous SUV never had a single weird thing in almost 80K miles. Lol

wraith

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has figured out bluetooth cutting out issue. got new phone n now 2013 avenger does it on any bluetooth audio (music and phone calls)

Quint

Reaction score
My 2021 does have a little "hiccup" here and there using Bluetooth. If I hard wire it using Apple Carplay, I don't get that problem. It's at least a work around for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/