5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block Heater Mod - NOCO GCP

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I'm sure there's probably a plst about this somewhere but I thought I'd add one to find out some opinions.

Due to the length (or lack there of) of the block heater cord, I'm thinking about mounting a NOCO GCP extension outlet on the front grill, somewhere on the left side.

Im not keen on attaching to the tow hook which i see alot ofand having it hangin out the side of the hood full time could cause a rub. Its -30 or colder most days of the winter so I'd like to limit the amount of time spent opening and closing the hood.

What are your thoughts or ideas? Has anyone else done something similar?

I'm probably going to have to notch out the grill a little to pop the plug and cord through. Then think up something to provide backing on the other side of the of the grill to bolt to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200722-000105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722-000105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20200722-001309_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722-001309_Samsung Internet.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 72

mharringer

Reaction score
There was a post awhile ago where someone mounted the plug to the side of the license plate bracket. Looked pretty good, but the NOCO won't fit there. Not sure where he got his plug at..and I'm searching for the thread. Did you end up mounting yours?

mharringer

Reaction score
Found the post:

Users who are viewing this thread