5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black screen of death

BigD

Reaction score
Got the dreaded black screen today for the first time after leaving the bait shop to get my fishing license. No back up camera, no radio. Just a dead black screen. Shut the truck off for a minute. Turned it back on & everything is fine. Anyone else had this happen ? Just wondering if it's anything to be concerned about. I got the 8.4 inch screen. Truck is 2 yrs old.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has only happened to me once during a year of ownership. Did the same thing turn off and on the truck

Ratchet

Reaction score
Mine did this a few times in the colder months. Suspect it was just a connection issue. I disconnected the plug and did find a bit of corrosion. Suspect water intrusion. Cleaned the connector, applied some dielectric grease, and it's been fine for a few months now.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It happens to me once in awhile. Looks like the cpu that controls the radio crashes and has to reboot. Supposedly all my software is up to date, but not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread