5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black mopar running boards

Mikeg

Reaction score
my dealer is telling me these are on a big backorder...ive been waiting about a month (sitting on a "we owe" from the dealer as the these were negotiated into the deal). anyone have these yet or tried ordering? this is for the crew cab. the standard running boards that are blacked out to match the rebels look. thanks in advance.

Tropez

Reaction score
When I went to order my truck Monday they were unavailable in the order picker. My sales guy says RAM has some big accessory show (or something like that) coming up in a few weeks and that there may be more availability after that.

Mikeg

Reaction score
thanks...id like to get them soon. if its much longer i may just ask them to cut me a check and buy aftermarket.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes my rear seats have been on order for the last three months so I know everything else that we want seems to be on permanent hold.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
My local dealer said they show “in development” still and not ready until Feb 1. I’m waiting too.

LaRamie

Reaction score
Waiting on those too, have an order in. When we got our truck at the beginning of the month they told us Nov 1st, they seemed sure about it, we'll see how true that is. Everything has been a big waiting game parts wise so I'm not holding my breath.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I think what’s worse is a couple of dealerships I’ve contacted really think the “ Classic “ is the same as our DT trucks. So they are given me parts numbers for the 4th generation vehicles. I even sent one place my vin and they still were trying to tell me the parts would fit on my 2019.......

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had an incredibly unlucky accident driving home yesterday... a small crane seemed to just drop it's outrigger pad on to highway and when I went to avoid it, the front tire must've just nicked it enough to flip it over on it side, got caught under my drivers step (bent it up) and then rotated and exploded my driver rear tire.

Needless to say I was busy keeping the truck on the road and didn't get a description or plate number. Uhg.

Now who knows how long I'll have to wait for a replacement mopar step.

20181024_172042.jpg

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No kidding... between the windshield and this... I think I have a bleeding ulcer now.

Man I'm sorry to see that. At least you weren't hurt and the vehicle totalled!
You got home, and were able to walk from your truck to your front door with a neck and back that work like they're supposed to.

Underrated ^

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, you are so very correct, @ChadT! I was very lucky I didn't get hit while changing the tire too. Insurance deductible is a small price to pay for a happy ending.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, you are so very correct, @ChadT! I was very lucky I didn't get hit while changing the tire too. Insurance deductible is a small price to pay for a happy ending.

Not to de-rail this thread but, good man I just placed an order for that rebel. Ended up going with white/black, saw one in person tdoay. Very, very glad I did, a big thank you to you and the other guys who posted about their 5th gens!

I didn't order step rails because I want the damn mopar ones!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to de-rail this thread but, good man I just placed an order for that rebel. Ended up going with white/black, saw one in person tdoay. Very, very glad I did, a big thank you to you and the other guys who posted about their 5th gens!

I didn't order step rails because I want the **** mopar ones!
Awesome! Congrats!

Just thinking without my boards what that crane pad would've done to my door! Yikes.

Sorry for the thread hijack! :oops:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats!

Just thinking without my boards what that crane pad would've done to my door! Yikes.

Sorry for the thread hijack! :oops:

Pretty valid though - guys reading, never know when those running boards will function like armor!
Side impacts, things flying up from the road, you name it. Also it's a helpful place to sand when getting snow off of the roof. I could be wrong but I get the feeling the 5th gen sits up higher than the 4th gen!

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’ve had (2) flats already and replaced one tire so I feel your pain. As much as I would prefer to remove my side steps, I know it’s not possible as long as I’m married lol.

Users who are viewing this thread