5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black lug nuts

canative

Reaction score
Anyone know of a site where to buy black lug nuts for '19 Rebel wheels with the part number? I found some but when they arrived they aren't the same as the OEM, a little smaller diameter.

Attachments

• lugs.jpg
    lugs.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 312
  • lugs2.jpg
    lugs2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 298

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

2019REBEL

Reaction score

Big3MG

Reaction score
The McGard lug nuts are really nice but doesn’t have the wide lip that’s on the OEM. This tends to show a ring of unpainted area around the hole. What I did is painted this area with Rustolium satin black over Rustoleum self etching primer. To keep the paint off the rest of the rim, I used a cardboard toilet paper roll, sliced in half, and cut down the middle, adjusted to the right size and taped. I then attached this to a piece of cardboard with a hole, taped the roll to this so I can insert the cardboard tube into each hole and spray as needed.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same ones as Patsy1099’s #2 post above, they’re the same style as OEM chrome. They’re holding up well after a little over a year and taking the wheels on and off several times.

Clayinfla

Reaction score
I ended up buying these. I am happy with how they look, but only had them a couple of weeks, so too early to tell how they will hold up!

Cravenfan

Reaction score

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up buying these. I am happy with how they look, but only had them a couple of weeks, so too early to tell how they will hold up!
Every time you go at them with a wrench, more of the coating will wear off. Obviously don't use air tools and be as careful as possible. Tire rotations will beat them up over time for sure.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Every time you go at them with a wrench, more of the coating will wear off. Obviously don't use air tools and be as careful as possible. Tire rotations will beat them up over time for sure.

Ya, with that one key for all the locked lugs, I could see that happening...I'll see in a few years how they shake out, but for now, all good.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya, with that one key for all the locked lugs, I could see that happening...I'll see in a few years how they shake out, but for now, all good.
I'm speaking from experience. This is what they looked like right after I installed them for the first time. Not terrible, but they definitely aren't going to stay perfect. The real question is if they will start to rust in the areas where the coating wears off.

Attachments

• 82875C2C-B314-41EE-9FFD-A619BB30951E.jpeg
    82875C2C-B314-41EE-9FFD-A619BB30951E.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 289

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I'm speaking from experience. This is what they looked like right after I installed them for the first time. Not terrible, but they definitely aren't going to stay perfect. The real question is if they will start to rust in the areas where the coating wears off.

Funny you should say that, after 1 Maine winter, already getting some rust. Not impressed. May ask them for a refund, or another free set.

Update - 4/17/2020 - They provided me 10 more lugs on the same key design I had at no charge...I'm guessing I'll have to ask for the remaining 14 in another few months, but at least they are taking care of me.

185059A2-7A44-4997-AC34-4C2A47323B1E.jpeg

Last edited:

YnotGlenbo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these

Or these

I think the spike ones could look awesome on my all black Rebel, but it doesn't say how long they are. If they stick out 6 inches from the wheels they will go from the potential of looking awesome to looking awesomely douchy IMO...

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these

Or these

I think the spike ones could look awesome on my all black Rebel, but it doesn't say how long they are. If they stick out 6 inches from the wheels they will go from the potential of looking awesome to looking awesomely douchy IMO...
I haven't checked the dimensions, but they would likely look stupidly small. Those are typically lugs for cars, not trucks.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
He said they were "STOCK" nuts and siliconed them. If you took YOUR stock nuts and siliconed them, why wouldn't they fit? Did I miss something?

Would these fit my 2020 1500 night edition lugs?

Users who are viewing this thread