5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black appearance package incorrect spare tire given !!!

charliede60

Reaction score
All who have bought a 2020 Ram 1500 with the black appearance package check your spare, the package upgrades your tires to 22" tires AND a 20" full size spare, I got a 18" spare !!!! and I checked other cars on lots and they also have 18" spares. The Black package clearly says 20" full size spare !!! I have a case on this with FCA. Waiting for a response !!!

KiyLux

Reaction score
All who have bought a 2020 Ram 1500 with the black appearance package check your spare, the package upgrades your tires to 22" tires AND a 20" full size spare, I got a 18" spare !!!! and I checked other cars on lots and they also have 18" spares. The Black package clearly says 20" full size spare !!! I have a case on this with FCA. Waiting for a response !!!

Do you know if the actual sticker is supposed to list out the 20" full size spare as well. I see it on the website as listed, but my sticker doesnt have all the bullet points listed compared to the website. Ill have to check mine tonight to see if I have 18" or 20".

BIf33Nh.png

EmyNzzl.png

VS

sNqfyHq.png

charliede60

Reaction score
Do you know if the actual sticker is supposed to list out the 20" full size spare as well. I see it on the website as listed, but my sticker doesnt have all the bullet points listed compared to the website. Ill have to check mine tonight to see if I have 18" or 20".

BIf33Nh.png

EmyNzzl.png

VS

sNqfyHq.png
It doesn't list ALL the components in the package on the window sticker, but when I built my RAM it clearly shows as you can see the 20" spare.

papac0rn

Reaction score
I have the night edition. Not sure if its different than the black appearance package. I have 22's with an 18" spare. Just checked. I can't find anywhere on the sticker where it says I even have a spare tire. Hope this helps.

charliede60

Reaction score
I have the night edition. Not sure if its different than the black appearance package. I have 22's with an 18" spare. Just checked. I can't find anywhere on the sticker where it says I even have a spare tire. Hope this helps.
I think the problem is most people don't check their spare until they need it. When you build the truck from the website, the standard tires are usually 20" with a 18" spare, but when you upgrade to the Black Appearance package , and for the RAM 1500 Limited its a $3,999 option, it changes the tires to a 22" and spare to a 20" full spare, it say's this where it lists what comes in the package. !!! If im paying almost $4,000 for a package i expect to get what it say's , and no shortcuts !!! Using 22" all around i don't want to put a 18" spare on it. Even if it may be a higher tire such as a 70 vs 45.

charliede60

Reaction score
I smell Class action on this !!!!!!!!

papac0rn

Reaction score
I just built one like mine with the night edition package and don't see that it specifies the spare tire size. Anyway just thought I would let you know. If you have it in print they should do something. As rarely as I've used my spare I'm not going to worry about it. Good luck though.:)

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the alloy spares I've seen have been 18", so if you DO get a 20" (or if anybody does), I'd love to see a pic...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Or that they are not held accountable for typos as I used to have to include in my business dealings.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I just got a flat on my 2019 ram Limited, which came with the 22” wheel upgrade and a MSRP of $69k. It’s a 18” steel wheel that says “temporary spare”. I was surprised given my truck came with the ****ty $400 tow package
96c91c09818d5c955a3ed95e40c2da8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
Shucks I ended up with (2) flats my first week. After that second my truck was towed to the nearest tire shop and all those oem tires went bye bye.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Besides some Longhorns and Limiteds that had stickers indicate the better spare came with the eTorque option, the 2019 printed brochure said that these would get the alloy spare:
- 4x4 Crew Cab with 5.7 eTorque
- 4x2 Crew Cab with 5.7 not eTorque
and these would get a full size steel rim w/"not temporary" spare tire
- Off Road Group
- Rebel

The rest get temporary use spare tires. YMMV

Frankly, I'd just want a "not temporary" spare tire. If I can't order a 5th rim to match, than the rim doesnt matter...

Last edited:

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh I definitely need to see this also, nothing against the poster of that.

Users who are viewing this thread