5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 6112/5100 lift questions

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
After waiting for six months I just received my Bilstein 6112 shocks for my 2021 Laramie. I also purchased the 5100 rear shocks and Bilstein 1 inch lift rear springs. I would like to get the maximum lift from the 6112 shocks and I don't mind if there is still a slight rake to the suspension. My question, how much of a difference would there be between using the max lift at the #8 slot or using the #7 slot in the ride quality after the install. It appears the max lift would be approximately 2 and 5/8 inches on setting #8 and approximately 2 and 1/4 inches on setting #7. Any feedback would be appreciated from those who have installed these shocks using either the number 8 or 7 setting.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just any FYI, If your maxing them out plan on upgrading the control arms while your there to keep your cv axle angle happy. Anything around 2”+ you really should be swapping them out for something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
Just any FYI, If your maxing them out plan on upgrading the control arms while your there to keep your cv axle angle happy. Anything around 2”+ you really should be swapping them out for something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I didn't mention it, but I am replacing the stock uca's with the uca's from the Mopar 2 inch lift kit. It appeared as they were the cheapest option available.

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
I used the #8 slot on the shocks. I now have a 3/4 inch rake from rear to front. I believe the measurement is 40 inches to the rear wheel well and 39 &1/4 inches at the front wheel well. I am happy with the finished product.

troymi

Reaction score
I used the #8 slot on the shocks. I now have a 3/4 inch rake from rear to front. I believe the measurement is 40 inches to the rear wheel well and 39 &1/4 inches at the front wheel well. I am happy with the finished product.
Can you post some pics please?

Also, for those in the know: If you replace the rear springs with the ORG springs, can you still use the OE stock shock? Or should the rear shocks really be replaced as a requirement?

Doc33

Reaction score
You can keep stock shocks unless your doing lots of off road driving then I would upgrade them. I changed out my rear springs for the ORG and have had no trouble.

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
Can you post some pics please?

Also, for those in the know: If you replace the rear springs with the ORG springs, can you still use the OE stock shock? Or should the rear shocks really be replaced as a requirement?
Only one photo, the pickup still has a little rake. Bilstein lift.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread