5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I'm dying to hear some feedback from someone that has installed these on their 5th gen. I wanna order these and a Hellwig rear swaybar for improved suspension and leveling.
Bellpa,

I can only at this point tell you how much a game changer the Hellwig rear swaybar made OMG!!! You can read some of my previous post regarding Hellwig. I was just up there in Pa/Va on some of the back mountain roads and LOVED THE PLANTED FEELING!!! I autocrossed with my BMW and loved my Koni-Yellows; so I too am looking forward to the Bilstein shocks addition. Heck I may even go back and take the truck out on the autocross course on open Saturdays (if they still have it...lmao)!!!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks again. Now decision time. Bilsteins are "on the way" hopefully. Just need to figure out how high I wanna go. I don't want to do this more than once.
Yeah its something you only want to do once, Taking things apart a second time isn't too bad. You just don't want to make multiple trips to shell out 75 to 100 dollars each time for realignment.

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
I've been waiting for these as well, but I am new to leveling a truck via a new shock so just a few questions...I have a 2WD ram and from everywhere I've read its the same setup for 2WD and 4WD so these should still work? And then if I only want to level the truck, not lift the rear with a space or anything, do I need new UCA or just the shocks?

EStein

Reaction score
5100’s and ram 1500’s have gone together like PB&J for years and this is the first time I’ve seen anyone even mention a need for new UCA’s. Is this due to a change in the 19+ front end or just now that replacement UCA’s are more readily available?
I didn’t see an answer for this unless I missed it. I’m curious as well. Hoping to get mine installed in the next few months.

mburkhart

Reaction score
Can anybody confirm if the Bilstein 24-232203 fits the 2019 Rebel? I have called three dealers and received conflicting information. Has anybody installed these on a Rebel?

rob989_69

Reaction score
Can anybody confirm if the Bilstein 24-232203 fits the 2019 Rebel? I have called three dealers and received conflicting information. Has anybody installed these on a Rebel?
These are so new I don't think anyone has installed them yet. I'm pretty sure these will work though.
These JUST came out, I doubt anyone has them installed yet. Per Bilsteins website they won't fit. But I cannot imaging why not. You may just need to set your spring mount on a lower setting.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are so new I don't think anyone has installed them yet. I'm pretty sure these will work though.

These JUST came out, I doubt anyone has them installed yet. Per Bilsteins website they won't fit. But I cannot imaging why not. You may just need to set your spring mount on a lower setting.
Here is a pic of the mopar lift arm on the left next to stock arm on the right notice the maximum working angle of the ball joint on the mopar lift arm. I also measured from a flat surface to the top of the ball joint, without doing the math I would guess about 10-15 degrees of additional working angle on the mopar lift arms.

Attachments

• 20191231_095236.jpg
    20191231_095236.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 819
  • 20191231_095432.jpg
    20191231_095432.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 712
  • 20191231_095445.jpg
    20191231_095445.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 686

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
43598399-3A4F-4F13-8AA5-4B2C15303657.jpeg F6A8D243-D975-4063-AC39-5DA9656C35BD.jpeg 190665B7-5A33-4E48-BA2F-F0AB34733C3F.jpeg
Just installed mine today, left my daystar tophat spacer on and set the shocks to the 5th notch, 1.7” lift, so right at 3.5” total lift. Was a little worried at first as it sat nose high, but it settled as I cycled the suspension on some uneven terrain and such near house.

So far so good and impressed with the ride quality and compression and rebound rates. Butt dyno is satisfied though for the short test ride. Will def need to get better UCAs in near future.

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
View attachment 43006 View attachment 43007 View attachment 43008
Just installed mine today, left my daystar tophat spacer on and set the shocks to the 5th notch, 1.7” lift, so right at 3.5” total lift. Was a little worried at first as it sat nose high, but it settled as I cycled the suspension on some uneven terrain and such near house.

So far so good and impressed with the ride quality and compression and rebound rates. Butt dyno is satisfied though for the short test ride. Will def need to get better UCAs in near future.
How is the ride quality?

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
View attachment 43006 View attachment 43007 View attachment 43008

What size tires are you running?

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the mopar lift arm on the left next to stock arm on the right notice the maximum working angle of the ball joint on the mopar lift arm. I also measured from a flat surface to the top of the ball joint, without doing the math I would guess about 10-15 degrees of additional working angle on the mopar lift arms.
Do both arms have the ball stud for the air ride?

dailyherold

Reaction score
@Billet1500 4x4 Forgive the possible dumb question, but from your responses it sounds like you have/had air suspension? Or am I misinterpreting air ride and rear air bags for something else as a suspension noob.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Ordered these today from Summit Racing. Hellwig coming Monday also. Can’t wait to feel the difference with these and the rear sway bar...and that’s fine tuning an already great riding truck!

Rocko

Reaction score
I have the north edition which as you all know has the factory 1 inch lift. Bilstein site shows we that have it can only go to level 5 setting giving a 2 inch lift. Why is that and is that 2 inch on top of the factory 1 netting 3 inch total over standard ram or will we only have 2 inch total? Wanted to go max of 3.5 of lift so was looking at the rc and rl 3.5 lifts but know the bilstein set up would ride much better. If we only get 2 inch would it still be better to go with the bills and add an inch top hat? Thanks all

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
Alright so I've been reading threads for 3 days and I'm pretty much set on Mopar 2 inch UCAs and the bilstein B8 5100s. Last thing to decide on is if I would need a diff drop kit? Can't seem to find my answer anywhere... plan on running the bilsteins at minimum of 2 inches lift.

Users who are viewing this thread