5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billstein 5100 and warranty

Ortiz2828

Reaction score
Wondering if installing the 5100s will void my warranty? Also, will I need to add shocks to the rear with this upgrade?

bryan28

Reaction score
Only if they can prove the Bisteins caused whatever problem they're trying to deny the warranty on. And, no, you don't need to add rear shocks unless you just want to. I will be doing front Bisteins without messing with the rears.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if installing the 5100s will void my warranty? Also, will I need to add shocks to the rear with this upgrade?
They can only void warranty on parts that were perceived to have gone bad due to the 5100 upgrade. The issue is they can tell you whatever they want and then it's up to you to fight them. In reality, with adding the blistein 5100 I would say if you ever had issues with ball joints, control arms, sway links or any rattles up front they will most likely blame on the 5100. Anything beyond it would be a stretch of blame. Go with low risk in general. Not like a tuner that could impact the whole powertrain warranty.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread