5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Tire on 22 inch wheels

klow24

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking to increase those 22 inch car tires to truck ones. I have the truck leveled and don't want to go too crazy with the size because they cost a fortune and want to save some of the good ride! Any ideas and pics??

Thanks

ChipMo

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking to increase those 22 inch car tires to truck ones. I have the truck leveled and don't want to go too crazy with the size because they cost a fortune and want to save some of the good ride! Any ideas and pics??

Thanks
The biggest you can go with no modification is 285/50/22 on a stock wheel. That’s equivalent to 33.2” diameter and 11.2” wide. If you don’t mind some light trimming, you can go up to 35/12.5/22. The pic of mine has Toyo Open County AT3’s on Fuel Siege 22x10 with a -18mm offset. I had to remove some wheel well plastic to get them to turn lock to lock with no rub on all ride heights. However, my truck is leveled with Daystar spacers and Revel Performance Links. Either way, your going to be out of $2k on tires once you get them mounted and balanced if you want to keep a comfortable ride. There are some cheaper options but you will definitely feel the difference and you’ll find yourself buying new tires every 20k miles. Hope this helps and good luck on your search!

Attachments

• 6CDDF8AD-61FB-405E-9C0F-DD7C7A8B5F9A.jpeg
    6CDDF8AD-61FB-405E-9C0F-DD7C7A8B5F9A.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 445

DOGEram

Reaction score
The biggest you can go with no modification is 285/50/22 on a stock wheel. That’s equivalent to 33.2” diameter and 11.2” wide. If you don’t mind some light trimming, you can go up to 35/12.5/22. The pic of mine has Toyo Open County AT3’s on Fuel Siege 22x10 with a -18mm offset. I had to remove some wheel well plastic to get them to turn lock to lock with no rub on all ride heights. However, my truck is leveled with Daystar spacers and Revel Performance Links. Either way, your going to be out of $2k on tires once you get them mounted and balanced if you want to keep a comfortable ride. There are some cheaper options but you will definitely feel the difference and you’ll find yourself buying new tires every 20k miles. Hope this helps and good luck on your search!
Have any issues with tpms? What did you do to correct speedo?

djdnl

Reaction score
Did you have to do any modifications? Any rubbing?

3.5 rc lift and 2 tiewraps on the front case flaps or however they called. 2 minutes work. Stock 22s and no rubbing full turn

I deleted the mud flaps on the front do

b287d8e59eac7d2132588e5405a3d69a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread