5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big tires on stock 22s

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I have a 22 Laramie was hoping someone could tell me the biggest tire I could get with the stock suspension. Currently riding on 22 inch stock rims and hoping to go bigger with something more aggressive. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
295/50 22R Toyo open country A/T 3

good Looking tire on the 22’s…. Pics in OR1

Is this in an air ride suspension? I see mostly limited s with stock air ride suspension giving feed back. I need a regular stock suspension setup. Thanks either way

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Is this in an air ride suspension? I see mostly limited s with stock air ride suspension giving feed back. I need a regular stock suspension setup. Thanks either way

It is air ride, that’s all that’s available on the limited. Shouldn’t matter, ride heights and suspension geometry is the same as yours…. Good luck.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I am going with 295/50r22 as well think.
I am planning to level first though.
285/55r22 are also an option if leveling.

Sorry no help on stock suspension.

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
295/50 22R Toyo open country A/T 3

good Looking tire on the 22’s…. Pics in OR1

Any rubbing in aero or normal? I like the look of the 22s on night edition limiteds, just wish they were 20s. Planning on either replacing wheels and tires, or just tires if I can find something that looks good. Yours looks better than I’d expected. Looks great.

Kman1080

Reaction score
Any rubbing in aero or normal? I like the look of the 22s on night edition limiteds, just wish they were 20s. Planning on either replacing wheels and tires, or just tires if I can find something that looks good. Yours looks better than I’d expected. Looks great.

Following….

I’m in the same predicament. I’m debating on what to do and what to go with on my 2020 Laramie Night edition (non off road package) with stock suspension. I have the 22’s and love the look of the wheels so I am looking to keep them and just get new slightly bigger A/T style tires. I have 3.21 gears and from what some have said, that might possibly help decide how big/heavy of a tire to go with.

Looking forward to any other input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sessman

Reaction score
Following….

I’m in the same predicament. I’m debating on what to do and what to go with on my 2020 Laramie Night edition (non off road package) with stock suspension. I have the 22’s and love the look of the wheels so I am looking to keep them and just get new slightly bigger A/T style tires. I have 3.21 gears and from what some have said, that might possibly help decide how big/heavy of a tire to go with.

Same boat, curious how an all terrain tire looks on the black 22s with stock (non off-road group) suspension. I also have 4x4 (not sure if that impacts the stock ride height? Anyone know?)

terrywarfield

Reaction score

where are you located? I’d gladly trade you for my factory twenties!

Skelleher4

Reaction score
Following….

Hey Kman,
I have a 21 white Laramie Night Edition with the 22” wheels and went with the Toyo Open Country AT3 305/45/22. I also have the 3.21 gears

Just got them put on this morning so the truck is a little dirty and the pics not the best but it’ll give you an idea of how they look. Huge improvement over the stock Goodyears.
09886c3eb7b358bad17a9aeadfcf66fe.jpg

Kman1080

Reaction score
Hey Kman,
I have a 21 white Laramie Night Edition with the 22” wheels and went with the Toyo Open Country AT3 305/45/22. I also have the 3.21 gears

Just got them put on this morning so the truck is a little dirty and the pics not the best but it’ll give you an idea of how they look. Huge improvement over the stock Goodyears.

Those already look like pure SEX!

After much research and brain picking, I have decided on the exact same size tire. I did want the AT3’s as well, but apparently nobody can get them.

I went to my local discount tire yesterday and they attempted to locate those tires and they can’t get them apparently. As we know with our trucks, options are limited and places having what we want in stock is a pain too.

I was torn between the AT3’s or the Ridge Grapplers. Both are decent and seem to be pretty comparable. Discount tire can get the Ridge Grapplers because Nitto has made a ton of them (assuming because they are popular). So I think I will be having them ordered very soon. My last truck (2014 F-150) I leveled and did wheels and Terra Grapplers and honestly I wasn’t a big fan of the TG’s.

I’m looking forward to your upcoming review of your tires! Do they rub at all? Keep us all posted and thanks for the pic (and upcoming pics of course cause we all wanna see that whole truck with those new skins on it).

Thanks again!

Skelleher4

Reaction score
Those already look like pure SEX!

After much research and brain picking, I have decided on the exact same size tire. I did want the AT3’s as well, but apparently nobody can get them.

I went to my local discount tire yesterday and they attempted to locate those tires and they can’t get them apparently. As we know with our trucks, options are limited and places having what we want in stock is a pain too.

I was torn between the AT3’s or the Ridge Grapplers. Both are decent and seem to be pretty comparable. Discount tire can get the Ridge Grapplers because Nitto has made a ton of them (assuming because they are popular). So I think I will be having them ordered very soon. My last truck (2014 F-150) I leveled and did wheels and Terra Grapplers and honestly I wasn’t a big fan of the TG’s.

I’m looking forward to your upcoming review of your tires! Do they rub at all? Keep us all posted and thanks for the pic (and upcoming pics of course cause we all wanna see that whole truck with those new skins on it).

Thanks again!
That's funny because I got the last set of 4 that Discount Tire had last week (or at least that is what they told me). They had to ship 3 from Colorado and 1 from Texas to make it happen, they are on a national backorder.

Funny enough, I also had a 14 F150 and had the Terra Grapplers and they weren't bad but I definitely didn't want them again. I was between the Toyo AT3 and the Ridge Grappler on this truck and ended up going the Toyo route. I have a very slight rub at full lock when I am trying to fit into a tight space but nothing a little trimming can't fix. Other than that the truck rides just as smooth as it did before but looks 10x better.

Glarensen

Reaction score
Hey Kman,

You don’t have air ride. Right?

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Hey Kman,

Looks great
I also have a white night edition, non ORP.
Im hoping to fit 295/50r22 AT3.
I think the Toyo look best on the 22's with limited sidewall height.

Skelleher4

Reaction score
Looks great
I also have a white night edition, non ORP.
Im hoping to fit 295/50r22 AT3.
I think the Toyo look best on the 22's with limited sidewall height.
Thanks, massive improvement over the stock Goodyears. The AT3 is a great looking tire, I personally went with the 305/45 setup because I like the wider look. Was also looking at the 33x12.5 but didn't want to go to a LT tire.

Kman1080

Reaction score
Thanks, massive improvement over the stock Goodyears. The AT3 is a great looking tire, I personally went with the 305/45 setup because I like the wider look. Was also looking at the 33x12.5 but didn't want to go to a LT tire.

This! I too didn’t want to go with an LT after all the reading I did. Just wasn’t practical for me.

I officially had Discount Tire order me the Ridge Grapplers today in the 305/45R22’s. Should be arriving in just less than a week. Got them to price match the Mopar promo (that expired today) which was buy 3 tires get 4th for $1. I watched the Discount Tire employee price change the tires down $53 per tire.

Hope my truck looks and rides as good as yours!

Skelleher4

Reaction score
This! I too didn’t want to go with an LT after all the reading I did. Just wasn’t practical for me.

I officially had Discount Tire order me the Ridge Grapplers today in the 305/45R22’s. Should be arriving in just less than a week. Got them to price match the Mopar promo (that expired today) which was buy 3 tires get 4th for $1. I watched the Discount Tire employee price change the tires down $53 per tire.

Hope my truck looks and rides as good as yours!

Nice man! Let me know how you end up liking them and throw up some pics. I also have a blacked out 19 ram with 20s that I was thinking of putting the Ridge Grapplers on.

Users who are viewing this thread