5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn Sound System\Sub

mjmike

Reaction score
I have a 1500 Big Horn Edition with Uconnect without navigation. I would like to add the factory subwoofer found on the upgraded trim level. If I was to get my hands on an OEM sub could I simply installed it in the factory location and plug it in?

Does anyone have a picture of the factory sub location?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 1500 Big Horn Edition with Uconnect without navigation. I would like to add the factory subwoofer found on the upgraded trim level. If I was to get my hands on an OEM sub could I simply installed it in the factory location and plug it in?

Does anyone have a picture of the factory sub location?

It is not that simple, unfortunately. You’d have to get the factory amp as well but once you did that, your speakers would have to be changed to meet the lower ohm the amp is expecting and then of course is the dealer flash to add these things to the system. I’d personally go aftermarket, maybe with a powered sub and just tap into the rear speakers for the sub’s input.

Blackoutram2019

Reaction score
Yeah the system included more then just a sub its a 9 speaker alpine system with amp so i dont think its possible or it would cost more than going aftermarket.

mjmike

Reaction score
Thats what i thought one long wiring harness for the whole system. Go aftermarket. You can make it sound better if you do it right.

Any suggestions? The truck is so new there are a not a lot of options I can find for audio upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread