5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tires for 2019 Ram 1500

RonPepple

Reaction score
I live in PA. I'm trying to find the best all season tires for my 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn. Currently I have stock 275/55R20 Nexen Roadian htx that came on it when I bought it. They are horrible on wet roads. The *** end gets loose so easily on turns and just accelerating up hills. I'm choosing 285/65R20 as my new tire size. I'm crossed between which Brand to go with.

flyfingers

Reaction score
This topic will reveal a plethora of opinions to which all will be valid to a certain extent as each persons driving habits and needs will warrant a different tire. For what it's worth I've personally put on Toyo Open Country, Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, and my latest set is Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo3 and all of them have performed flawlessly for me. I sometimes (many times) need to pull a tractor or piece of farm equipment out of the slick mud and all have done me just fine. I trailer the same equipment more often than not too and again, all the tires I mentioned have been great. As far as wear goes, the Bridgestones probably wear the fastest followed by the Falkens but not to the extent that I would make that a factor in my choice. So for my application any one of these tires gets my thumbs up as I have zero issues with any of them.

evanxrs

Reaction score
BF goodrich all terrian K02. Had them on my previous trucks.

My 2019 Rebel has Goodyear Wranglers duratrek. Good option also..

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

highgear2005

Reaction score
Western Pennsylvania here. I agree those stock tires are terrible! I’ve had good luck with cooper. I have a set of cooper winter tires, that do well in the snow and I’ll replace these stock tires with cooper LT tires. I’m 1.5 miles from the main road and it’s all uphill with NO winter maintenance from the township! Thanks Fairfield! Lowe’s sells 70 lbs sand bags $5 something, With four bags in the bed it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CKrackerjack

Reaction score
Hi guys. New member here. I just picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Sport about a month ago and have decided to go with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws mounted on 18" Fuel Blitz wheels to use in the Fall to Spring up here in Southern Ontario. I would love to get a set of Open Country AT3s, but they're not widely available up here yet. I like the look of the wider sidewalls which is why I'm going with 18" wheels, but I'm not sure what size tire exactly to go with. Going with a 275 65 R18 would give me the same diameter as my stock 285 45 R22 wheels do. The stock offset is +19mm.

My question is, how big can I go on the sidewalls before I have to worry about rubbing? I wouldn't mind going up to 275 75 R18, but I'm worried about the rubbing issue. Any suggestions?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad has the Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires and really likes them. I went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and really like them.

Both of us are coming from HD trucks with BFG AT KO2 tires.

RonPepple

Reaction score
Hi guys. New member here. I just picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Sport about a month ago and have decided to go with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws mounted on 18" Fuel Blitz wheels to use in the Fall to Spring up here in Southern Ontario. I would love to get a set of Open Country AT3s, but they're not widely available up here yet. I like the look of the wider sidewalls which is why I'm going with 18" wheels, but I'm not sure what size tire exactly to go with. Going with a 275 65 R18 would give me the same diameter as my stock 285 45 R22 wheels do. The stock offset is +19mm.

My question is, how big can I go on the sidewalls before I have to worry about rubbing? I wouldn't mind going up to 275 75 R18, but I'm worried about the rubbing issue. Any suggestions?
What I did was call a local shop that specializes in "lifted trucks" and I asked them what I wanted to do with my 2019 Ram and they told me yes or no. I had done my research as well and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Close, but not exactly.

CKrackerjack

Reaction score
I'm worried that if I go with 18" wheels that the brake calipers might interfere with the inside lip. Is that something I should be concerned about or will there be enough clearance with the 18" wheels?

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I'm worried that if I go with 18" wheels that the brake calipers might interfere with the inside lip. Is that something I should be concerned about or will there be enough clearance with the 18" wheels?
I’ve never heard of that being an issue. I run 18” wheels and no issues. Hope this helps.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have OEM 18" wheels on mine without issue.

18" is the minimum diameter you can run. There's not a lot of room but they do fit.

Aftermarket wheels might be an issue. There's not a lot of wiggle room for space with 18" wheels so you might run into an issue depending how much the aftermarket wheel deviates from OEM specs.

CKrackerjack

Reaction score
I'm looking at aftermarket wheels which is why I have the concern. Fuel, Mayhem and Moto Metal wheels, but I think I will go 20" just to be safe.

Mark313

Reaction score
I live in western Pa and gave the Neenah away they were so bad. I have the Continental TerrainContact A/T`s ...they have been an excellent tire.

eez94

Reaction score
I wish I would have seen your post because this didn't even cross my mind. I ordered a set of 18" Fuel Blitz's with Toyo Open Country At3's and after the alignment one of the brake calipers was interfering with the rim. I ended up going to a 20" after. Sucks because I waited 3 months for all the parts to come in only to find they dont fit.

RKK22

Reaction score
Looking for 275/65/20. Once you go from 60-65 on the ratio you’re pretty much going with a 10 ply or LT tire. Is the ride drop off that bad on a 10 ply tire? I just want the extra height on my ride and to fill up the wheel well after I do a 2” level. But the new rams have a great ride and don’t want to lose that either. Thinking about the GY trail runner AT or the cooper xlt.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the tire (and how much sidewall you will have).

It is a firmer ride but not necessarily stiffer if that makes any sense.

One thing to consider is weight also. Going bigger means heavier tires and getting 10-ply (E-rated) is worth 10+ lbs for the same tire if not more. That will make the truck seem more sluggish and you will definitely notice it in your fuel economy.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This topic will reveal a plethora of opinions to which all will be valid to a certain extent as each persons driving habits and needs will warrant a different tire. For what it's worth I've personally put on Toyo Open Country, Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, and my latest set is Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo3 and all of them have performed flawlessly for me. I sometimes (many times) need to pull a tractor or piece of farm equipment out of the slick mud and all have done me just fine. I trailer the same equipment more often than not too and again, all the tires I mentioned have been great. As far as wear goes, the Bridgestones probably wear the fastest followed by the Falkens but not to the extent that I would make that a factor in my choice. So for my application any one of these tires gets my thumbs up as I have zero issues with any of them.
In all of the tires you've used, how would you rate them for noise?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045501 miles.

flyfingers

Reaction score
In all of the tires you've used, how would you rate them for noise?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045501 miles.
I would have to say the Bridgestone's are the quietest. Have them on a 2017 2500 (which is now my son's truck). The Toyo's were very quiet in the beginning but once they hit around 15K they seemed to get noisy. The Falken's were definitely what I would consider a "quiet" tire. Very smooth and provided excellent traction on both ice and snow. Never used a decibal meter but I would rate the Bridgestone's as the all around winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/