5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best HP gain CAI

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
Looking for best HP gain on a CAI. I am not concerned about sound or what a website reads.

I would like to know real world results. Thanks guys!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
S&B is legit, that is the one I narrowed it down to. I think the only one that flows more is that Vararam Cai but you have to cut the plastic shroud on top of the radiator and not my favorite in looks.

j517

Reaction score
S&b I loved it on my 1500 now waiting to see if they make on for the 2500

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

sawyer84

Reaction score
I ended up going with S&B for my 2019 Ram, but I had the Vararam on my 2014 Ram and between the two Vararam gives you more noticeable power.

sawyer84

Reaction score
I didn't dyno, but I did do some before and after runs from 60-80mph. I did 4 before and 4 after, and it came out to be about .3 or .4 faster with the Vararam. I know that's kinda hard to believe, but that Vararam CAI is legit. I just didn't want to put something that aggressive on my brand new truck.
To clarify, I did the before/stock and after/Vararam runs my 2014 Ram.

Last edited:

Snakes709

Reaction score
An intake is an intake. Doesnt matter the brand. The throttle body can only flow so much air intake the engine. Spending $1000 on a take for the 5whp true gains you will get isnt worth it

jfigliano

Reaction score
ok only 600km on my rebel 19, Question is it to early to put in a CAI, im looking between the Vararam, S&B and K&N.....Ignore my ignorance on the three, so far im really digging the Vararam, Any help would be great

Monteman1971

Reaction score
An intake is an intake. Doesnt matter the brand. The throttle body can only flow so much air intake the engine. Spending $1000 on a take for the 5whp true gains you will get isnt worth it
I like these threads lol.

I've done some reading and the only ones who claim there are any real world gains are the manufacturers. Your not going to have any seat of the pants gains with 5-15 hp..... They do however look cool....lol.

Users who are viewing this thread