5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEST CAI & ETORQUE FIT ISSUE?? (2019 5.7 Ram Rebel)

JRL

Reaction score
New to RAM and new to the forum! Just got a 2019 Rebel 5.7 with Etorque.

So far, in love with the pickup. I’ve owned all the big 3 and even though I’ve only had the rebel for a few days this one is my favorite - in my mind this is what a pickup should be and ram nailed it.

Already down the cold air intake rabbit hole with a goal of achieving mostly a better sound from under the hood (don’t want to mess with exhaust for now as I think it sounds just fine).. knowing there’s a lot of debate on CAI power gains, any actual power gain or responsiveness would just be a bonus.

In the bit of reading I’ve done so far, it seems either the S&B or the Vararam are the two best options (correct me if wrong). Both seem well sealed off from pulling in any hot under the hood air.

Any notable sound difference between the two or pretty similar? Vararam seems as though it may be able to pull in more air and possibly have slight power&sound advantage. Concern with the Vararam is water/snow and dust/cattail fuzziez going straight to the filter (I put 5-7k miles a year on gravel while hunting) I see the drain holes on Vararam pics but doubt that could drain 10 gal of water splashing up if you hit a puddle or go through a creek at any decent speed - I live in ND and get every type of weather imaginable besides hurricanes.

Last thing on Vararam that I haven’t been able to find - Any fit issues with the etorque option? Not sure if the housing would clear the etorque motor.

What does S&B do better than Vararam?

Any input is appreciated! Would really like to hear from anyone with Vararam that has spent some time and put miles on gravel.

Attachments

• 5DFFA4A2-EBEB-4CB8-B63C-F30321A31CAE.jpeg
    5DFFA4A2-EBEB-4CB8-B63C-F30321A31CAE.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 28

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds more like you need a snorkel. If you are in those types of conditions, I personally wouldn't change from the stock airbox. Maybe a free-flow filter, but nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread