5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belltech and 22’s

Pg1500sport

Reaction score
Has Belltech released a lowering kit for a truck with 22” from factory? I know the have drop spindles but they are for trucks with 20’s. Haven’t found out anything on the Belltech site.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has Belltech released a lowering kit for a truck with 22” from factory? I know the have drop spindles but they are for trucks with 20’s. Haven’t found out anything on the Belltech site.
The only item that won’t work with the 22’s are the drop spindles. And from the response I got from them, they won’t make them for the 22’s unless they can show that there is enough demand. So, probably not going to happen. All of the kits without the spindles should work.

Last edited:

1LowTrk

Reaction score
I wonder if this is only the case because of our larger diameter wheel bearings. Couldn’t we just purchase the required set of wheel bearings to go with these spindles?

I seriously doubt that these wheel bearing aren’t interchangeable. I’m willing to bet the axels are the same, regardless of wheel size.

Unfortunately, the cost of using BellTech would then be higher due to the added cost of new wheel bearings over IHC’s kit but I have a gut feeling that BellTech’s will ride better than IHC’s because you’ll retain factory bushings and the tie rods wouldn’t cry for mercy. My opinion, It’s worth a try.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if this is only the case because of our larger diameter wheel bearings. Couldn’t we just purchase the required set of wheel bearings to go with these spindles?

I seriously doubt that these wheel bearing aren’t interchangeable. I’m willing to bet the axels are the same, regardless of wheel size.

Unfortunately, the cost of using BellTech would then be higher due to the added cost of new wheel bearings over IHC’s kit but I have a gut feeling that BellTech’s will ride better than IHC’s because you’ll retain factory bushings and the tie rods wouldn’t cry for mercy. My opinion, It’s worth a try.

Yes, it is due to hub diameter. They told me they had a customer that used hubs for the 20” wheels and it worked. It’s crazy how close the 22” wheel hub is to fitting in the spindle. I’m confident that the spindle could be bored out a tiny bit to make it work, but not worth the risk for me. I’m sure they would not warranty the spindles after that. And the hubs were too expensive. It all made it not worth the cost or trouble.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not checked their site for a long time since I went a different route. I highly doubt they have made a setup for the trucks that came stock with 22’s. You might check their site to see if they have.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the 22 hub swap for a 20 hub. Maybe hubs are slightly cheaper to make it worth looking into. I did see Mevotech shows the differences as

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230816_212228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_212228_Chrome.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230816_212246_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_212246_Chrome.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 6

gearhead321

Reaction score
I bought the hubs for 20" and put them on with the drop spindles. Bolt pattern is identical. No ABS issues. Been running them for a few thousand miles now.

Users who are viewing this thread