5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedTred Impact Bed Mat Installed

Jstadick

Reaction score
BedRug has the 2019 bed impact mat available. I installed mine yesterday and here are a few pics. Simple Velcro attachments, took all of 15 minutes or so to install (but let it sit in the sun for an hour or so first). Fits and looks pretty good.
BedTredMat1.jpg

BedTredMat2.jpg
BedTredMat3.jpg
BedTredMat4.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
BedRug has the 2019 bed impact mat available. I installed mine yesterday and here are a few pics. Simple Velcro attachments, took all of 15 minutes or so to install (but let it sit in the sun for an hour or so first). Fits and looks pretty good.
View attachment 6382

View attachment 6383
View attachment 6384
View attachment 6385
Hmm never thought of a bedrug but it does look nice and comfy! Sorry for the dumb question but what is the use of a bedrug for? The only thing I can think of is it would be nice to camp on..

Jstadick

Reaction score
Hmm never thought of a bedrug but it does look nice and comfy! Sorry for the dumb question but what is the use of a bedrug for? The only thing I can think of is it would be nice to camp on..

This version is an impact mat. Really for protecting just the bed floor from damage due to drops and scrapes.

Now the full bedrug that covers the bed floor and bed walls in a little carpeted cocoon, someone else will have to speak to as that wasn't of interest to me.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Looks good! Shame the impact mat for Rambox models isn't out yet.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! How is the fitment on the bed sides near the tailgate? Can you take a picture?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet, and thanks for the pics. That looks good. Did you have to use the adhesive kit to get it to stick to the spray in liner? What made you choose the BedMat over the BedRug? Didn’t want the fuzzy finish, cleaning?

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Wow looks great, I'll bet its easy on the knees too. For us older folks lol

Jstadick

Reaction score
Sweet, and thanks for the pics. That looks good. Did you have to use the adhesive kit to get it to stick to the spray in liner? What made you choose the BedMat over the BedRug? Didn’t want the fuzzy finish, cleaning?

I did use the little adhesive kit (little wipes) before sticking down the Velcro strips. The seem to be staying pretty well.

As for the full BedRug….Well, yes and yes. I still use my truck as a truck a lot. I was just looking for something to protect the bed, but still allow me to easily spray out the bed when needed. And just visually, the whole bed rug is just a bit much for me. I know some may love it, but just wasn't for me.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I did use the little adhesive kit (little wipes) before sticking down the Velcro strips. The seem to be staying pretty well.

As for the full BedRug….Well, yes and yes. I still use my truck as a truck a lot. I was just looking for something to protect the bed, but still allow me to easily spray out the bed when needed. And just visually, the whole bed rug is just a bit much for me. I know some may love it, but just wasn't for me.
Good choice, and I’ll say it again, looks fantastic!

DeanKing

Reaction score

I was considering one of these but wanted to see pictures first. Thanks for that. Looks good. I also don’t want the full Bedrug due to accessory concerns. I notice you have the rails. Didn’t think that or the divider/extender would work with the full sides Bedrug. What’s the surface like in terms of traction. Will things slide around easier, same, or less than with the factory bed liner? Can you confirm the factory divider/bed extender doesn’t interfere?

Jstadick

Reaction score
I was considering one of these but wanted to see pictures first. Thanks for that. Looks good. I also don’t want the full Bedrug due to accessory concerns. I notice you have the rails. Didn’t think that or the divider/extender would work with the full sides Bedrug. What’s the surface like in terms of traction. Will things slide around easier, same, or less than with the factory bed liner? Can you confirm the factory divider/bed extender doesn’t interfere?

I think the traction is at least as good as the factory spray in liner. It's a very similar textured surface, with the added benefit of being cushioned, so it much kinder on the knees when you're crawling around back there.

I can confirm that it doesn't interfere with the bed extender, but I don't have the bed divider so I'm not sure about that. The mat is only 3/4" thick, so as long as the divider doesn't go all the way to the bed floor, it should be ok, but again, I can't say for sure.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I think the traction is at least as good as the factory spray in liner. It's a very similar textured surface, with the added benefit of being cushioned, so it much kinder on the knees when you're crawling around back there.

I can confirm that it doesn't interfere with the bed extender, but I don't have the bed divider so I'm not sure about that. The mat is only 3/4" thick, so as long as the divider doesn't go all the way to the bed floor, it should be ok, but again, I can't say for sure.
Thanks. I wonder what you actually have as a divider? Did it come with the truck or did you buy it separately? The one that comes with it is both divider and extender.

dalailama23

Reaction score
I installed the impact bed rug also i love how it fills in the gaps and make the floor smooth. Is the bed extender easily removable ?

DeanKing

Reaction score
I have the mopar bed extender...not divider. I bought separately.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=82215724
For anyone who stumbled across this: Got my truck yesterday and was quite disappointed to learn that the ordering website is very misleading. The combo divider/extender only comes with the Rambox models if you order Bed Utility Group. I ordered Bed Utility Group but no Ramboxes so no divider for me. They don't even make such a think for the non Ramboxes. I will be getting the Mopar divider to work with the rails and it won't interfere because it rides on the rails and doesn't touch the bed floor.

Users who are viewing this thread