5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step + Aftermarket Exhaust Opinion

Ryan385

Reaction score
Good Day Folks,

Just installed a Magnaflow cat back on my 19 ram with factory bed step. The step when not in use slightly touches the exhaust and it does contacted the exhaust slightly while deploying and going back in. The shop i had it done at says it shouldnt be an issue... but... my inner car person has some slight anxiety over this....

Just looking for some thoughts and humble opinions on the matter

Its only been on for a day so i havent had much time to use or work with it.

(Installed with S&B CAI) love both so far.

Ryan

Bearman95

Reaction score
My ram step would contact the resonator on the driver side when I let it go in real fast! Never any damage. I have since put on a Borla touring exhaust And it does not make any contact at all.

Ryan385

Reaction score
My ram step would contact the resonator on the driver side when I let it go in real fast! Never any damage. I have since put on a Borla touring exhaust And it does not make any contact at all.
Thanks - Now that I have the Magnaflow on I dont think ill trade it out... however... was curious to see if its possible to adjust the bed step or if there would be any long term harm to leaving it on... I'm on the fence..

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow exhaust with 5" tips and in planning on getting the bed step have asked the exact same question of which you are experiencing (having the bed step come in contact with the exhaust) and one reply I received from a member with his fix was he used an angle grinder on the back of the step to eliminate the issue. Very simple/logical fix IMPO. The bed step kept 100% functionality

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the bed step and the magnaflow and mine does contact when I let it back in. I also think I can hear an ever so slight rattle when I don’t have my music on and I’m revving my engine some. I have the AB version of the step and will be getting the recall done on it for the newest version soon so I will see if that stops it.

Ryan385

Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow exhaust with 5" tips and in planning on getting the bed step have asked the exact same question of which you are experiencing (having the bed step come in contact with the exhaust) and one reply I received from a member with his fix was he used an angle grinder on the back of the step to eliminate the issue. Very simple/logical fix IMPO. The bed step kept 100% functionality

Thank you for the reply. I will take a look at that option. So far i havent noticed much issue with it, just havent decided if i care for the contact or not. Long term im unsure of issues. Ill look at the step and see how much i think i could grind off or down. Mine does ever so slightly move the exhaust when tucked in

Users who are viewing this thread