5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed lights installed, dealer flashed, but.....

Agitated

Reaction score
has anyone pushed and held the button on the left side light, while the truck is off and all lights off? I did, and it makes the 4 way flashers blink as long as the button is pushed. Normal? I was hoping to be able to turn those lights off and on at will.

LaRamie

Reaction score
Just tried it, doesn't do it bed lights work normally. Pins in right location? I ran into the issue of instructions being wrong but they just didn't work period

Flot

Reaction score
Someone else had reported that the supplied instructions for the wiring were incorrect and their symptoms were the same as yours. If you dig up some of these threads you'll see the correct pin to hook into.

Agitated

Reaction score
I'm sure it's one of the pins. I noticed on the instructions it calls for a wire in Pin #16 to be replaced, but if you follow the visual aid it shows replacing a different pin. I followed the visual aid (photo). I think if I switch to the actual pin 16 it will fix the issue. Thanks.

LaRamie

Reaction score
Yes, the wires it replaces in the connectors should be the same color as well. Let us know if it solves it

Agitated

Reaction score
Swapped one wire to the correct pin and that did the trick. Thanks everyone.

In case this can help someone else down the road I took a pic of the mistake in the instructions. The pin marked 16 in the photo is not #16. The connector is clearly marked 1-12 on one row and 13-24 on the other. The wire color should be the same color as the one you remove also. At least it was an easy fix. If I knew who to contact so they can revise the instruction sheet, I would. 1AE66A5C-264F-4238-AAF7-8234CF8B977F.jpeg F2EBF5BA-3EA8-443C-B1CE-931F356BB129.jpeg

LaRamie

Reaction score
Good news! Yeah I thought the same thing it needs to be revised cause that's a major oops on their part they're putting out to the public with these kits, or even the dealer for that matter if they dont catch it. Tech I talked to sounded like it's not uncommon in their instructions at dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread