5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed cover for truck with Ramboxes?

realralfy

Reaction score
Bak X4
Undercover Armorflex and Flex
Retrax One

Others?

TVANVA

Reaction score
I have the Bak MX4 for RAM Boxes and am super happy with it.

If that is the one you choose, shop around to get the best price, as Bak sells thru other vendors as well as direct.

realralfy

Reaction score
I have the Bak MX4 for RAM Boxes and am super happy with it.

If that is the one you choose, shop around to get the best price, as Bak sells thru other vendors as well as direct.
Do you recall what you paid?

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
I am very happy with my BAK X4. I got a great price from Lucas at TruckAlterations.com.
Good luck.

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
I have the retrax pro. Really like it.

I had a trifold undercover on my last bed. It was a great cover, but it did not fit my needs.

Lots of choices, pick the cover based on your needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

stevestrike

Reaction score
I'll voice a minority opinion here that I don't really care for my BAK Revolver X4 on the Ram with Ramboxes.

The main issue is the fit an finish with the rails. There is a huge gap that they leave between the metal rails and the tailgate. This allows water to easily get into the bed. There are many posts on this forum from people trying various weather sealing to get the gap closed up as much as possible. I even had BAK send me a replacement set of rails--they were cut the exact same way.

Second issue is minor, but the cover once rolled up still takes up quite a bit of bed-space. More than I expected when I ordered the cover. The cover is not easily removable as some other are, so that's something to keep in mind.

Couple of things that I do like:
  • Cover locks with the truck so no separate key
  • Cover is easy to open/unlatch with one hand and closes back easily

smkirkpatrick

Reaction score
The Bakflip MX4 is great. I had a retrax on a regular bed truck and the case the liner rolled into took up a lot of bed space in a short bed truck.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I had a bakflip mx4 since like 2/19 and got a replacement this weekend from them due to a small paint defect and they have made some changes to the top since I purchased mine. Should be even better now.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
So I had a bakflip mx4 since like 2/19 and got a replacement this weekend from them due to a small paint defect and they have made some changes to the top since I purchased mine. Should be even better now.
What changes were made and when?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What changes were made and when?
Not sure when they were made but it’s small things like the foam bumpers they have under the cover for when you fold it up are a more dense material. All of the corners of the top now have a rounded cap on them that wasn’t there when I bought mine initially. Granted I don’t think the mx4 for rambox trucks was out very long when I purchased my original one.

realralfy

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the Revolver X4....I will post some pics and thoughts once its gets here and I install it...

realralfy

Reaction score
Received the X4 today. The driver’s side rail went on fairly easily. The passengers side rail simply isn’t going to go. Got it on about 18” and no more. The rivets aren’t flush and the bind or bit the top of the silver rail of the truck. Pissed me off at the poor craftsmanship. However, I called Bak and they are shipping new rails out to me with no hassle. We shall see how that passengers side rail is when it gets here...

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Received the X4 today. The driver’s side rail went on fairly easily. The passengers side rail simply isn’t going to go. Got it on about 18” and no more. The rivets aren’t flush and the bind or bit the top of the silver rail of the truck. Pissed me off at the poor craftsmanship. However, I called Bak and they are shipping new rails out to me with no hassle. We shall see how that passengers side rail is when it gets here...
And after I told ya how easy it was to install. You probably cussed me and BAK. Seriously, my rails went right on with no problem at all. All I Had to do was a few taps with a hammer

realralfy

Reaction score
And after I told ya how easy it was to install. You probably cussed me and BAK. Seriously, my rails went right on with no problem at all. All I Had to do was a few taps with a hammer
You jinxed me....lol

Users who are viewing this thread