5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BCM WATER DAMAGE AFTER WINDSHIELD TINT

galito.molina

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

I got my new RAM 1500 Big Horn 2022 windows tint, including windshield.. Short story, my BCM got water inside! Truck wont start, not electricity, only thing on was back lights intermittently on and off. Took to the dealer, they said BCM was damaged and need a replacement. I bought the replacement, a new BCM but they cannot get the car starting, so they are saying me to get the Key Wireless Control Module! I think this dealership man has no experience at all! I believe they don’t know how to configure a new BCM?? Any clues any other experiences how to replace a damaged BCM?

Dustin P

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your BCM failure… when I got my windshield tinted the guys actually told me this was the risk I was taking. Honestly I thought they were pulling my leg… but they took off my A-pillars and stuffed towels in, and had towels laid on my dash while they worked. This is exactly what they said can happen though, it fries the BCM. I don’t know how to replace it but I’d reach out to another dealership for sure.

galito.molina

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your BCM failure… when I got my windshield tinted the guys actually told me this was the risk I was taking. Honestly I thought they were pulling my leg… but they took off my A-pillars and stuffed towels in, and had towels laid on my dash while they worked. This is exactly what they said can happen though, it fries the BCM. I don’t know how to replace it but I’d reach out to another dealership for sure.
Yes, so bad.. For sure I would like to take it to another dealership, the problem is I am in Ecuador, this cars are imported from the US , but this is the only dealership in Ecuador 😞who represents Dodge / RAM brand. So I am pretty much with no other options.

kzielu

Reaction score
Yes, so bad.. For sure I would like to take it to another dealership, the problem is I am in Ecuador, this cars are imported from the US , but this is the only dealership in Ecuador 😞who represents Dodge / RAM brand. So I am pretty much with no other options.
BCM typically needs to be programmed for specific VIN number / vehicle build (not sure on the RAM but in general that's what needs to happen) - I don't think you can simply just swap it after buying the part itself.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

I got my new RAM 1500 Big Horn 2022 windows tint, including windshield.. Short story, my BCM got water inside! Truck wont start, not electricity, only thing on was back lights intermittently on and off. Took to the dealer, they said BCM was damaged and need a replacement. I bought the replacement, a new BCM but they cannot get the car starting, so they are saying me to get the Key Wireless Control Module! I think this dealership man has no experience at all! I believe they don’t know how to configure a new BCM?? Any clues any other experiences how to replace a damaged BCM?
sorry to hear about this

guess you found the thread from 2018

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread