5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks ram air intake is in the works!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just noticed this in a google search for cold air intakes. Not sure if it’s already been posted.

I know our current intakes draw from the grille area, but banks makes some good stuff so we’ll see if it’s worth it.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pic looks like a K&N style filter in a box? The box looks like it's right where my current air filter box is located. Looks like a bigger air tube from the box to the manifold.

I'll be interested in the Banks numbers and in the user reviews.

I'm a fan of Banks, but for my ecodiesel I think GDE has the better tune (<- purely based on reading others' reviews).

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love the Derringer, so I’ll probably buy that also whenever it comes out.

Edit: Just called them, and it looks like the project has stalled for this air intake. They have no ETA from engineering.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: talked to the Brand Manager from Banks and he says to expect the intake this summer.

rentrad

Reaction score
Update: Spoke to Banks last week and they have No Date for a finished product. Maybe it was scrapped?? Not much out there but a tune and a intake pipe. :(

AntiFreeze

Reaction score
Given that RAM has cancelled the ED, maybe Banks has cancelled this project too.

LimitedBend

Reaction score
Given that RAM has cancelled the ED, maybe Banks has cancelled this project too.
They did this for their Colorado Duramax tuner they were developing. As soon as GM announced the end of the 2.8 they scraped their tuner development.

Users who are viewing this thread