5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks Pedal Monster...Installed

TAK

Reaction score
Just got done putting in the Banks TC. Let me tell you this! If you watched the videos and see the people laughing ...that is NO BS- After the first run I just started smiling and then laughing. Installing a TC makes a big difference in how the vehicle performs. My wife even said when we first got the Ram what's with the shifting?? Not anymore . Right now I am using city 5 for daily driving. Put it 5 track and its like wow...who woke this Hemi up. At the end of a 1/4 mile stock TC VS Banks might be the same, but in daily driving you will enjoy the difference. BTW there is no reverse lock out as of yet.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was on city 6 the first few weeks and just changed to city 8. Definitely a nice upgrade!

Reactions: TAK

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got done putting in the Banks TC. Let me tell you this! If you watched the videos and see the people laughing ...that is NO BS- After the first run I just started smiling and then laughing. Installing a TC makes a big difference in how the vehicle performs. My wife even said when we first got the Ram what's with the shifting?? Not anymore . Right now I am using city 5 for daily driving. Put it 5 track and its like wow...who woke this Hemi up. At the end of a 1/4 mile stock TC VS Banks might be the same, but in daily driving you will enjoy the difference. BTW there is no reverse lock out as of yet.
Do you have a link to what you used. I looked on the banks website and it was all for Cummins.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back in the day, a Banks TC meant forced induction....guess I’m old.

CMil527

Reaction score
Last edited:

silver billet

Reaction score
I'm on city +4 and it has changed my perception of the truck completely. I'm assuming all pedal adjusters would give you that feeling, but I do appreciate the fail safe design built into the device, and also that it's build 100% in usa (even the circuit boards are assembled there!)

ldoh

Reaction score
The Banks website is a bit funny with no mention of Ram pickups or any gas options post 2015. Everything is Dodge.

Gotta wonder if they just rebranded someone else's TC product.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So does this do the exact same thing as the pedal commander? Any feedback on which anyone likes more? It appears to have a App for your phone also? Best price seen?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’m a little confused - what do these things do, that a little more pressure on the go-pedal wouldn’t?

silver billet

Reaction score
The Banks website is a bit funny with no mention of Ram pickups or any gas options post 2015. Everything is Dodge.

Gotta wonder if they just rebranded someone else's TC product.

Nope, they definitely built their own product. It has features that no other product has (adjustable trim, disabled in reverse, fail safe etc).

So I’m a little confused - what do these things do, that a little more pressure on the go-pedal wouldn’t?

Absolutely nothing. But it changes your perception of how powerful the truck is. Even though I know I how they work and what they are doing, the actual feeling is still that my performance has increased. The truck feels more eager to go, if that makes sense.

silver billet

Reaction score
Does it shut down in reverse at all? I don't need a rocket ship going in reverse.

It does in other trucks/cars, but not in the ram 1500 yet. Apparently it's "in progress". On my setup, city +4 and city +5, I have not noticed any real difference backing up from stock though.

bucolic

Reaction score
I hear people say this all the time and I have had two vehicles that remap the throttle and it's not the same in your head as pressing down harder on the accelerator. Something in the mind really perceives it as snappier and sportier. I had a Chevy Volt electric hybrid for a while and it had a sport mode that simply remapped the throttle and my girlfriend Accura has a sports mode also. Though I think the Accura may not only remap the throttle but might change the shift points also. Either way, the perception is not the same as just punching harder on the throttle. Yes, that's all it does is basically apply more acceleration with less press on the throttle but in your head, it feels like a completely different car. I think for me it is because I was taught to never abuse the vehicle and floor it. I have a hard time driving sporty cars because of this. Can still feel my dads hand up alongside the back of my head if I really get into it lol.

TAK

Reaction score
Does it shut down in reverse at all? I don't need a rocket ship going in reverse.
Like I said in the original post...no on reverse. Driving in city mode at level 5...which really wakes the truck up. Reverse has no noticeable difference from stock. Put this in track mode at 5 and you will really have alot of smiles and go whoa!

JSal83

Reaction score
It’s night and day, Pedal Commander is what you would expect of your Hemi removes a bunch of the ******** electronic restrictions.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any info on if the "in progress" reverse feature is going to just be a firmware update? Or would a whole new unit be required?

CMil527

Reaction score
I've been told told the same that it is simply firmware but I also had been told prior to my purchase that all units currently shipping had said firmware installed. Banks customer service is a joke at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread