5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Mounts..are they engineered to be used for both RISE and Drop?

RAM5

Reaction score
I’m asking this question because I really never gave it a second thought until today (I normally would purchase a ball mount with the correct drop, install the correct size ball , slide the ball mount into the receiver, install locking pin, hook up safety chains and pull) because I purchased an adjustable 7” drop 12,000 lb max ball mount .
I installed the new adjustable ball mount to day and the bottom appears to be closer to my concrete driveway ( not loaded) than I would like, so I thought about flipping the ball mount creating a rise and then adjust the ball down.

thoughts? 4EBF8FF3-A6F2-498C-9ADF-8CD167069FAC.jpeg
4EBF8FF3-A6F2-498C-9ADF-8CD167069FAC.jpeg

RAM5

Reaction score
I got my answer by calling the manufacturing company..” This unit is engineered to be used for Rise and Drop“

good to know, so when I go to hook up my camper I will turn the long end up, adjust the ball height to give me more ground clearance.

thanks for looking

Mtsabo

Reaction score
Watch out for your tailgate hitting it the first time you flip it over. Looks close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online