5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera with intermittent bad picture

19jds76

Reaction score
I just had this issue happen to me last evening. This after having just posted in the "how is your truck running" thread about how I have had no issues up to this point. I should have known better than to open my mouth and proclaim that.

Ratchetman, Do you what kind of update was the Service advisor was talking about?

RodRow

Reaction score
I had my backup camera replaced in January due to moisture causing these issues, which seemed to fix my issue.
As of a few weeks ago, high humidity and certain car washes cause it to temporarily reoccur. I’ll be taking my truck in next week for a few items and plan to discuss with the service department again.

BB40FF32-A009-4F15-AA53-14B0A0ED7A75.jpeg
9E85E2D5-4880-4F91-8DDB-FF866178D2D9.jpeg

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Service advisor says update will fix this. Thoughts?

I'm confused by this question... Why would it not?

There are multiple TSB's out there for issues concerning the backup camera, as well as the overall performance of the Uconnect systems. If they told you they know the solution to your issue, why would you not believe them?

Skiordie

Reaction score
I just started noticing a little bit of green distortion after reading this thread, although it’s not just with the backup camera, it’s just more noticeable then. The same distortion appears even on the home screen.

Attachments

• 227E6287-BD87-485A-8C2C-9BD48F8A3E3E.jpeg
    227E6287-BD87-485A-8C2C-9BD48F8A3E3E.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 26

RAMpage

Reaction score
Hello all! Just got my 2019 RAM last Friday and within a few hours of picking it up I too noticed issues with the backup camera. Every time I put it in reverse, I get flickering/distortion/green lines. So far only happens in reverse.
I am pissed because it happens every single time so the dealer should have noticed it during the PDI before delivering me the truck. Didn't even have the truck for one day and it was already in the shop twice for this. They replaced the camera module and it didn't change anything, so they told me they are out of options and can't fix it - only hope was to wait for a software patch in Nov/Dec that *might* fix it.

SirLavidor

Reaction score
I had that issue once so far. Now that Rodrow mentioned humidity and car washes, it did happen just after a car wash. It has not happened again, yet. I live in very dry central California.

gisboro

Reaction score
Car washed yesterday and this afternoon I have the exact same screen as above. Lets hope the car wash is the culprit and it wont be coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread