5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera on 5th wheel.

abody711

Reaction score
Purchased a new 5th wheel. All the add on backup cameras I can find wireless or wired require a monitor. Trying find one integrates 8.4 ram monitor or has an app for CarPlay.

Not wanting to have to deal with additional monitor. Any info or ideas appreciated

Pristine1

Reaction score
I’m not getting my hopes up as I haven’t come across anyone gloating about how great it is to use the factory screen to back up their trailer but I’ve been wandering the same thing.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I went through the same thing and got tired of waiting. Ended up with a mid level wireless system with a display to use when towing our camper. The display will fit perfectly in the pocket above the infotainment display. When not in use, it gets stuffed in the console. I did have to use an antenna extension to get the signal glitched worked out, but couldnt be happier...and for under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread