5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera display washed out and pink.

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue with their Ram backup camera. The display was pink and washed out, but only on the backup camera display. This seemed to happen on a hot afternoon and didn't clear up until the truck set in the garage overnight. I have had this happen before with Arlo security cameras when there was an issue with infrared filtering.

Attachments

• 20190702_161309_resized.jpg
    20190702_161309_resized.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 29

smankins

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue with their Ram backup camera. The display was pink and washed out, but only on the backup camera display. This seemed to happen on a hot afternoon and didn't clear up until the truck set in the garage overnight. I have had this happen before with Arlo security cameras when there was an issue with infrared filtering.
My truck did that earlier today. It was hot and I thought maybe there was something on the camera lens - there wasn't. However, when looking at the camera it appeared to have a red eye - maybe this was the infrared filter? After I stopped and went in a store the camera and picture was back to normal when I started the truck again. Has your truck done this again?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It has never done it again since that day.
My truck did that earlier today. It was hot and I thought maybe there was something on the camera lens - there wasn't. However, when looking at the camera it appeared to have a red eye - maybe this was the infrared filter? After I stopped and went in a store the camera and picture was back to normal when I started the truck again. Has your truck done this again?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It hasn't. It was only that one day.

Last edited:

smankins

Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update to post #2 in this thread - I pretty much forgot about this issue and my backup camera has been working flawlessly with no pink screen since that early occurrence. (I probably just jinxed myself and will have all sorts of issues with it now).

Users who are viewing this thread