5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera Coaxial Cable Splice

curtram19

Reaction score
Seeking advice on best process to splice backup camera coaxial cable and help troubleshooting why I have blue screen on my 12" Uconnect for the backup camera.

I've recently rebuilt a 2019 1500 DT Laramie. Bedsides were damaged and I subsequently replaced the entire box. Unknowingly at first, but later discovered my new box was for multifuction tailgate and thus my original traditional style tailgate would not fit!!. A scenic trip from Iowa to CA and $2500 got me a multifuction tailgate that fit.

However, during my rebuild, the coaxial cable to the camera connection got pulled apart. I've tried to splice a new pigtail I got with the multifuction tailgate but have not been able to get camera to work...blue screen.

Is it my splice?
Do I have the wrong camera on the new tailgate?
Is there something I need to do in the Uconnect program or hardware?

IMG_0140.jpeg IMG_0138.jpeg IMG_0139.jpeg IMG_0141.jpeg IMG_0136.jpeg

curtram19

Reaction score
I'm thinking my multifuction tailgate has the surround view camera and my uconnect is setup for the parkview camera? If that is the case, is there a work around?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking my multifuction tailgate has the surround view camera and my uconnect is setup for the parkview camera? If that is the case, is there a work around?
If your truck is not equipped with surround view, then the backup camera needs to have a pink body. If it is the surround view camera with dark navy body, it can’t be made to work.

curtram19

Reaction score
If your truck is not equipped with surround view, then the backup camera needs to have a pink body. If it is the surround view camera with dark navy body, it can’t be made to work.
I'm finally getting back to this issue. Took tailgate apart and it is the pink body camera. Still have blue screen when I try to splice the coaxial cable together.

Users who are viewing this thread