5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up camera

Oxfordbp

Reaction score
Hello! New to Ram and the forum. Bought a lightly used 2019 Ram 1500 Larame. 360 cameras. It has A LOT of chrome which im slowly replacing with OEM Black diamond parts.

I bought the tailgate handle piece to replace my chrome one. The camera hole is smaller than my current camera. WTH? There are two different cameras? Should I just ream out my new part to fit my camera or get the other camera?

PART# 6RN79KXJAA is what I received.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! New to Ram and the forum. Bought a lightly used 2019 Ram 1500 Larame. 360 cameras. It has A LOT of chrome which im slowly replacing with OEM Black diamond parts.

I bought the tailgate handle piece to replace my chrome one. The camera hole is smaller than my current camera. WTH? There are two different cameras? Should I just ream out my new part to fit my camera or get the other camera?

Should be just one camera module. It can't be too small.. can you post some pictures of the parts side by side?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I wasn’t aware of different sizes at all . Maybe they mistaken sent you one from a 4th GEN but you probably would’ve noticed that instantly .

Users who are viewing this thread