5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2 Fab Straight Pipe or Flowmaster Outlaw Direct fit Muffler

Duster

Reaction score
I am looking at putting a Outlaw direct fit muffler on my 2019 Ram but seen a few clips on the B2 Straight Pipe for 1/2 the cost just wondering if it is close to the same sound or is the straight pipe way louder and is there enough back pressure with it any info will help thanks

Srchris2010

Reaction score
I am looking at putting a Outlaw direct fit muffler on my 2019 Ram but seen a few clips on the B2 Straight Pipe for 1/2 the cost just wondering if it is close to the same sound or is the straight pipe way louder and is there enough back pressure with it any info will help thanks
Honestly I wouldn’t worry about back pressure you still have factory headers cats and resonators so it won’t have a negative effect at all. I went with the carven and I love it very deep sounding

Duster

Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn’t worry about back pressure you still have factory headers cats and resonators so it won’t have a negative effect at all. I went with the carven and I love it very deep sounding
The carven straight pipe or the muffler

Duster

Reaction score
Muffler the competitor series. If you YouTube carven has a good video on a test truck. I would show you mine but I had headers installed.
One other question is with the straight pipe it’s a lot cheaper than the carven but is the sound the same and what makes the carven better or worth paying the extra money

Srchris2010

Reaction score
One other question is with the straight pipe it’s a lot cheaper than the carven but is the sound the same and what makes the carven better or worth paying the extra money
Not sure if it does sound the same, but my thought was for future mods for example I put headers on i know for a fact the straigh pipe won’t sound the same with longtubes and I didn’t want to spend extra money down the line on a different setup. I’ll put a sound clips but not sure how lol

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Have not heard the Flowmaster Outlaw in person, but neighbor down the street has the B2 Fab straight pipe. I thought it sounded pretty good up at the dealership before I realized it was my neighbor.

I have a Borla Crate muffler which would be similar in cost to the Flowmaster Outlaw and will be adding the B2 Resonator Delete after this whole COVID 19 thing is over and I am allowed back in our offices.

I would guess the B2 might have a little more rasp than the Outlaw. Lots of videos out there showing them both though. B2 Fab threads also have an outlaw with resonator delete kit...sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread