5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B.U.G., bed utility group, bed rail accessories?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does anyone have a part or aftermarket for crossrails, accessories. 4 tie-down point seem like a waste

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have been on the forum for 2 years and to my knowledge there is no after market. There is a post where someone made there own from railing used to hang electrical equipment. Below is a post with T nuts that will fit the rail, but did not go further to explain how they were to be used.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been on the forum for 2 years and to my knowledge there is no after market. There is a post where someone made there own from railing used to hang electrical equipment. Below is a post with T nuts that will fit the rail, but did not go further to explain how they were to be used.
Thanks for the reply

Smon

Reaction score
I have made a few things using the uni strut nuts. You can get a couple different size and then the possibilities are endless.
I use a set to mount a bike rack at the back of the bed. Takes about 20 seconds to install and remove.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have made a few things using the uni strut nuts. You can get a couple different size and then the possibilities are endless.
I use a set to mount a bike rack at the back of the bed. Takes about 20 seconds to install and remove.
Photos?

Jako

Reaction score
My truck came with the Bed Utility Group but it did not include the divider.
I ordered my Ram in Sept of 2018, from what I can remember the BUG was $650 (give or take $$) and included 1. bed lights, 2. spray in liner and the 3. bed rails. I didn't order at the time which was probably a mistake from a dollar perspective. This was for a Bighorn and I believe the package may change for the higher trim levels.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
My truck came with the Bed Utility Group but it did not include the divider.
According to the configurator online the divider is part of BUG - but that could've been a change after your order.

Jako

Reaction score
For additional help or confusion. Appears there is a bed divider with ram boxes.

Jako

Reaction score
According to the configurator online the divider is part of BUG - but that could've been a change after your order.
When building a Big Horn

Truck Bed Cargo Divider (Unavailable with some configurations)

nimbus

Reaction score
When building a Big Horn

Here's what's on the window sticker for my Big Horn:

Bed Utility Group $845
Deployable Bed Step (NAW Multi–Functional Tailgate)
4–Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
Pick–Up Box Lighting
Spray–In Bedliner

laramie4x4

Reaction score
When building a Big Horn

wondering what those configurations are... only thing i can think of would be the rambox

Jako

Reaction score
Here's what's on the window sticker for my Big Horn:

Bed Utility Group $845
Deployable Bed Step (NAW Multi–Functional Tailgate)
4–Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
Pick–Up Box Lighting
Spray–In Bedliner
That's a good deal, individually things add up fast. Plus there is a problem if you do the spray in bed liner later with the bed lights / plastic plug and the bed utility rails. For me it's live and learn. I would have added the engine block heater for $95.00. V8 Hemi is very thirsty when cold, that and winter gas.

Users who are viewing this thread