5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome towing review between RAM, FORD, and CHEVY

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Has there been a competitive review yet, that Ram hasn't won?

Why did Ram switch the trailer hookup hole location? Different supplier? 3rd and 4th gen was great and easy to access with loops out and easy to reach.

Too bad the F150 had the 3.0 PS. Not exactly apples to apples.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait...a Hemi beat a Powerstroke, is that what you were saying at the end of your post above.

I still wish Trucktrend would hurry up.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Gosh, Ford backup cameras as still pretty awful.
2018 and you'd think they would have upgraded that POS system already.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Wait...a Hemi beat a Powerstroke, is that what you were saying at the end of your post above.

I still wish Trucktrend would hurry up.

Its a "powerstroke" with an emphasis on the quotation marks IMO. Mildly updated version of what they've already been offering in Land Rover. The lion i think it was called? They branded it powerstroke to help sell it and make a connection with its big brother in the HDs.

And yes, for this comparison, which didn't involve any MPG or maintenance or cost...mostly towing features/tech, ride, comfort, sound, feel. standard mirrors, etc.

I was just saying I'd rather have seen a comparable ford gasser vs the Ram 5.7 and GM 6.2, like the 3.5 ecoboost or the 5.0. Not the 3.0 PS, which hardly anyone is going to buy, as its an expensive option in only Lariat or above

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just making reference to a gasser vs diesel. Maybe they played the Texas truck rodeo card. If we don't send them the EcoBoost they can't beat the EcoBoost.

The EcoDiesel debacle I hope gets cleared up soon. When they released that powerstroke the numbers looked good, but the insiders say the EcoDiesel will be better,if it ever gets done.

Users who are viewing this thread