5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto volume?

Fatkidrp

Reaction score
I have a 2020 sport with the 8.4 and it seems like when I listen to my music loud, above 22-24 on the volume control, it goes into an auto volume mode. For instance, I like rock music and when the symbols or a loud guitar come in it quiets it down significantly and makes it almost like a bland volume that is no louder than any other part of the songs. The more I turn up the volume the quieter it gets. At 25 the music is louder than at full volume. Does anyone know if there is an option to shut off the volume control on these trucks? I went to the dealer and showed him what I was talking about and he heard it and said "well that's a new one" and told me he never saw it before. It is almost like when they made the TV commercials have to come in at the same volume level as the show you were watching, which is good for some but not when you are trying to rock out! These trucks have a good stereo system in them and I want to be able to use it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about 8.4" but in 12" there is a Audio Setting something call Speed Adjust Volume, did you try it out yet?

Fatkidrp

Reaction score
It's not the speed volume, it is off. It pretty much levels out the sound pitches to one solid level with no high hits of symbols or guitars. If you turn up the radio it to full blast it is only as loud as halfway. I might try to see if there is an update and load it this weekend.

traymo

Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel is the same way. Anything over 22-23, it seem to go up for a second and then auto-lowers the volume. It's almost like it is trying to protect the speakers.... It is extremely annoying.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
my auto volume OFF-1-2-3 is set at 3. It doesn’t reduce or increase volume whatever the speed I am going to. I turn it off and I switch it back to 3 and same things. Not a big deal I guess but my old 2019 Sport with 8.4 non nav auto volume was working perfectly.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is the same way, going to try bypassing active noise cancelation. Pretty lame that my last gen Express had a better sound

Bcryan

Reaction score
Same here... system sounds great other than that

Users who are viewing this thread