5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto temp control and front defrost in 12” Uconnect

hemiguy37

Reaction score
I noticed an odd behavior in how my system deals with switching between these two options. Can anyone tell me if their unit behaves the same way.

I had my system on auto for temp / air control. The auto hard button was lit, and if you checked the climate screen it also said auto was on. I needed to switch the front defroster on to clear some condensation. I pressed the defrost hard button and it lit up and the screen said front defrost on. Both the auto hard button light and screen auto button went off, indicating the system was not in auto temp mode. This is perfect so far.

Now here is the weird bit. I pressed the auto hard button once the windshield was clear. The auto hard button lit and the screen showed auto was on. The SCREEN showed the front defrost was off, but the defrost hard button remained lit. I did confirm it was not running the defrost. The only way I could get the hard button to turn off was by selecting on the screen a manual air flow direction, like floor vents then the hard button would turn off. It would then stay off when I pressed auto again.

I could repeat this over and over and it didn’t matter if I pressed the auto hard or screen button, same result.. I am sure it is a programming glitch but wanted to see if could be duplicated on another system.

Let me know,
Thanks

DakotaRam

Reaction score
The couple mornings leaving work the widows were fogged over mine did the same thing. Basically turned it completely off then back on to auto. Haven’t had much time to mess with it since then. 10 minute drive home

SaintlySins

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving an ancient thread ... but this isn't just happening as the original post states, but it happens in other settings too.
The system will default re-start to blow only through dash vents instead of where I set them ... and, the Auto Temp button doesn't ever shut off, just keeps blowing cold air (set at 69 degrees) and will not adjust. At first I thought it was me, but upon putting a thermometer in the truck, I got down to 62 degrees and the Auto Temp never managed the temp.

Is there a "reboot" for this system/control panel where I can "Set and Forget" a default for where the air comes through the vents?

And, can I reset the Auto Temp button to truly manage the temperature?

How??? (The dealership is a dead end)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread