5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto stop/start trick

jimchi

Reaction score
I noticed recently that if you engage the parking brake when the engine is stopped via the auto start/stop system, the engine remains stopped. You can then remove your foot from the brake pedal. This is nice for when you'll be standing for a bit, but want the advantages of the start/stop system (e.g. sitting at a grade crossing waiting for a train, a long light, etc.).

Pressing the brake or accelerator pedals, releasing the parking brake, or moving the shifter from D will restart the engine.

glasswagon

Reaction score
I noticed recently that if you engage the parking brake when the engine is stopped via the auto start/stop system, the engine remains stopped. You can then remove your foot from the brake pedal. This is nice for when you'll be standing for a bit, but want the advantages of the start/stop system (e.g. sitting at a grade crossing waiting for a train, a long light, etc.).

Pressing the brake or accelerator pedals, releasing the parking brake, or moving the shifter from D will restart the engine.
good to know, thanks for sharing!

Awood05

Reaction score
Interesting......I’ll have to check this out. Sounds like it functions similar to Fords‘ Auto Hold. Like you said, would come in handy at train crossings.

Users who are viewing this thread