5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto for entry/exit mode on air suspension?

dumbo62

Reaction score
2019 Limited with 12 inch screen. In the owners manual it says there s a setting under "After pressing the “Engine Off Options” button on the touchscreen (12 inch), the following settings will be available: "............"Auto Entry/Exit — If Equipped On Off ". Problem is that this option is not there. WTF? I would really like to have this auto option because otherwise I forget to lower the vehicle.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Limited with 12 inch screen. In the owners manual it says there s a setting under "After pressing the “Engine Off Options” button on the touchscreen (12 inch), the following settings will be available: "............"Auto Entry/Exit — If Equipped On Off ". Problem is that this option is not there. WTF? I would really like to have this auto option because otherwise I forget to lower the vehicle.
Not there. One of the “phantom” options...

Kob0583

Reaction score
Not on my 20 rebel either, I would love that, seems weird how they choose to enable options. I get it’s by trim but if you have a air suspension why limit the function on one trim but not the other, it’s literally code. I think they could also make money and make customers happy if they allowed purchase or upgrade packages for options that are baked into the trucks but not enabled. Or just make us happy and push them as updates, like many companies do with software ecosystems. I think that would be a cool approach, imagine going in for an oil change and having in options on your truck when it came out, that would be cool, maybe not profitable per day but could build brand loyalty and boost sales by word of mouth from happy customers. It’s like a whole micro transaction market they are sitting on could be cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djjr50

Reaction score
This would be great. I dont see this option either. Would be nice to have a GPS option to (only lower when home)

bvigne01

Reaction score
This is an example of how lacking FCA or whatever they call themselves is from a technology perspective. They have made improvements but still have a long way to go. The other stupid easy setting missing is auto fold in mirrors when you put the truck in park.

lambolambo

Reaction score
I have the 2020 limited and i cant find that option dealer said it works. have to go and get him to show me how.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I know, an old thread but nobody really answered it.

I have a new 23 Limited and yes I know the key fob has the entry exit mode button, and I know the dip switch under the 12" screen has it as well.

What I am hoping for is a way to automatically drop the truck when it's in Park so you don't need to do anything. Picky I know but my wife would like it to be that way when she has her arms full and is walking up to the truck, that sort of thing.

Any ideas other than "use the key fob"?

Thanks peeps!

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I took my 5' tall wife for her first ride in the truck today, and immediately saw a need for this very thing as we are walking towards the truck with arms loaded with bags and im fumbling with the big fat remote to lower the suspension before we get to the truck.
As far as the mirror folding in "park" im pretty sure i saw that in the menu somewhere.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Mirror folds from door button on mine, I didn't see anything in settings but I usually miss sheit all the time.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I took my 5' tall wife for her first ride in the truck today, and immediately saw a need for this very thing as we are walking towards the truck with arms loaded with bags and im fumbling with the big fat remote to lower the suspension before we get to the truck.
As far as the mirror folding in "park" im pretty sure i saw that in the menu somewhere.

Auto lower for exit doesn’t exist, nor does mirror fold in.
For me personally, auto lower not a big deal, only time I use it is for hooking up a trailer.

But auto fold mirrors would be nice. My wife’s Grand Cherokee Overland has it… my 23 Limited does not.
Only thing it’ll do is point the mirrors down in reverse, which does nothing for me…

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Auto lower for exit doesn’t exist, nor does mirror fold in.
For me personally, auto lower not a big deal, only time I use it is for hooking up a trailer.

But auto fold mirrors would be nice. My wife’s Grand Cherokee Overland has it… my 23 Limited does not.
Only thing it’ll do is point the mirrors down in reverse, which does nothing for me…
Agree. DW’s beemer folded in when placed in P. Couldn't be that big of a software fix, maybe someday.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is no auto folding mirrors. You fold them in via the button on the door.
TazerDT allows them to fold in and out automatically, but expect for it to break and need to replace the gears inside as they are plastic. Metal replacement gears are around $80 if I recall.

themust

Reaction score
Speaking of parking settings, I’d also like to be able to set the temp when I remote start my truck. The heater and heated seats and steering wheel only come on when it’s below about 40 degrees out. Here in California that’s rare but I’d still like a warm car to get into first thing in the morning when it’s dipping down into the horridly cold 50s.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Speaking of parking settings, I’d also like to be able to set the temp when I remote start my truck. The heater and heated seats and steering wheel only come on when it’s below about 40 degrees out. Here in California that’s rare but I’d still like a warm car to get into first thing in the morning when it’s dipping down into the horridly cold 50s.
Not possible.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Ok it's been definitively shown that there is no "automatic" lowering of the truck the 2" from normal ride height down to entry/exit.

The definitive thing I've been reminded of is that my aged memory is faulty.

Thanks to all who helped answer the question!

Bobmugge

Reaction score
As soon as I lower my suspension via the FOB or the inside button, it lowers and immediately raises. It won't stay down for 5 seconds. I only use it to climb in the bed. Not a big issue but it should stay down until I say so. The instructions on RAM are very lacking. I usually go to Youtube and see what is what is what. The manual is lacking as in every single feature from windows to TPMS says if equipped. Limited, Longhorn, Laramie they can all have the same options on them. So when you look at a truck you have no idea how it is equipped. Just have 3 or 4 trim levels and let it be.... It would literally take days to go through a truck to know what is in it? It's nuts.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
As soon as I lower my suspension via the FOB or the inside button, it lowers and immediately raises. It won't stay down for 5 seconds. I only use it to climb in the bed. Not a big issue but it should stay down until I say so. The instructions on RAM are very lacking. I usually go to Youtube and see what is what is what. The manual is lacking as in every single feature from windows to TPMS says if equipped. Limited, Longhorn, Laramie they can all have the same options on them. So when you look at a truck you have no idea how it is equipped. Just have 3 or 4 trim levels and let it be.... It would literally take days to go through a truck to know what is in it? It's nuts.
That's not how it's suppose to work.
Sounds like it's detecting an object and raising it back up.

You should read your owner's manual (you can find it online)

To check what your truck has go here and enter your vin

Window sticker: https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
Equipment listing: FCA RAM

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As soon as I lower my suspension via the FOB or the inside button, it lowers and immediately raises. It won't stay down for 5 seconds.

I initially thought the same thing about mine but that's not what's happening. By design, the front and rear do not go down at the same time so when one end is lowering it appears the other end is raising. The front and rear alternate going down small increments at a time. It might alternate back and forth 2 or 3 times just lowering from normal ride height to entry mode. It alternates like this to keep the headlights pointed down when changing height if driving down the road at night.

themust

Reaction score
Will trucks fitted with adaptive headlights automatically adjust headlights vertically when the truck is lowering or raising? And if the headlights were the issue for the alternating lowering, wouldn’t it therefore make more sense to just raise or lower the four corners simultaneously?

Users who are viewing this thread